lan xichen x reader 🍵࿐

▶ Requested by no one

▶ Slight angst and fluff :)

▶ Female reader

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

[Y/N] knew that Lan Xichen is busy, constantly head first in work and paper work. She and him shared bedchambers but she was his cultivation partner and she had thought that if she told him in a weeks advance, he would already go through and get everything out of the way to come and spend some time with his wife. But alas, now here she stood in the middle of the night market, next to a lantern stand for hours. Ever since the sun had first started to go down and it was the perfect time for dates like the one she had planned. 

But [Y/N] only got lonely with ever start that came out and began to sparkle in the night sky. 

"Guniang, don't make such a long face in front of my stall, it's bad for business!" The little old lady behind the stall scolded. [Y/N] looked down, feeling even worse. The older women sighed and patted [Y/N]'s head. "I'm sure he will come. If not he is not meant for you." She smiled, her wrinkles showing more. [Y/N] smiled slightly. The old women went somewhere else. 

[Y/N] looked around and saw all the happy couples. They had food or lanterns in their hands or even gifts from the other. Before [Y/N] even realized it, she had tears flowing from her eyes and dripping onto the dusty ground. She sniffled and didn't bother to wipe them away. She lowered her head and continued to cry. Lan Xichen was hours overdue and even then, she don't want to admit that his absence might be permanent tonight. She couldn't bear the thought. 

"[Y/N]!" 

[Y/N] lifted her head in surprise. Who was calling her name? She had tears still falling out of her [E/C] eyes as she looked around through the crowd. 

She met Lan Xichen's red-brown eyes through the crowd. Her eyes widened slightly and her mouth opened a little. Lan Xichen came running through the slight crowd that was filling the pathway. 

"[Y/N]..." He pants. He must have run all the way from Cloud Recesses. His eyes showed that he was worried and guilty. 

Lan Xichen looks at his wife who has tears still falling down her face. He gently wiped her tears away and kissed her forehead. "You.. made me wait.." She mumbled, burying her face into his chest. He wrapped his arms around her and pulled her closer. "I'm so sorry..." His face was buried in the crook of her neck. "I won't ever make you wait ever again.." 

[Y/N]'s tears started again. "You idiot.. not ever girl would be willing to wait this long.." 

Lan Xichen smiled softly, even though she couldn't see it. "Your not ever girl.. Your [L/N] [Y/N].. My wife.. and I know you would wait for me forever.. but I'm so sorry I keep... you waiting.." [Y/N] blushed when he called her his wife. 

"Can.. we get food..?" 

"Sure.." 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▶ Yeah I honestly didn't know how to end that- 

Completed : 7/23/2021