young!wen ning x young!reader ❤️️࿐

▶ Requested by no one

▶ Fluff

▶ Female reader

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"Hey NingNing, do you want to go swimming?" 

A small brown haired child looked up, his eyes were wide with curiosity and wonder but also a hint of fear and uncertainty were mixed in to the honey colored pools. He had chubby, rosy, cheeks and his hair was pulled up into a small pony tail with some of his bangs falling out and framing his face in a messy but neat way. He was dressed in white and red Wen robes, the sleeves being a little too big for him. 

"I...I don't know... Jiejie... she..." He glanced back worriedly at his and his older sisters, Wen Qing, house. There was a small drift of smoke coming out of the chimney. (I think they had chimneys or at least something close to it???) 

The young girl titled her head to the side a little, some [H/C] hair falling into her eyes. She quickly tucked it behind her ear and leaned closer to the boy whose poor face began too warm. He remembered his Jiejie telling him about things like these - though he, admittedly, didn't listen to half the stuff she talked about. 

The girl tucked her arms behind her back as she leaned forward more, staring deeply into the boys eyes. 

"Can't we just ask her? I mean you live right there!" The girl backed off and pointed dumbly at the house in the distance. 

Oh.. right... I mean I guess they really could just go ask Wen Qing. She was right there. 

"R-right..." The boy stuttered, feeling a little dumb. Why hadn't he thought of that? 

The girl giggled softly and patted his head before running off towards the house. 

Wen Ning huffed and gently fixed his fringe that had been messed up by the girl (even more than it already had). He turned a little, hand still on his head, and watched as the [H/C] haired girl disappeared into the home he knew so well. He blinked, a sudden rush of emptiness coming onto his little mind before turning back around and staring longingly into the water that was off a ways from where he lived. 

Qishan honestly didn't have many big bodies of water but they did have smaller ones (which was fine since he was far too small to be able to swim in anything bigger than a small creek or ankle deep river or even a medium sized fish pond). 

The sudden noise of a wooden door slamming shut and the sounds of a women yelling at whoever slammed the door came from a distance, though the sound of laughter grew closer. 

Wen Ning turned around to see [Y/N] come bounding over, laughing loudly and the largest smile on her face. 

"You slammed the door again... didn't you?" Wen Ning accused in a deadpan tone. [Y/N] laughed sheepishly, rubbing the back of her neck. She brushed some hair out of her face, tucking it behind her ear again. "NingNing what makes you think that?" She blinked her [E/C] eyes innocently at him. He furrowed his brows and huffed, turning away. 

After a few moments (they felt like forever for the two children) of silence, Wen Ning slowly turned back around, pouting cutely - which made [Y/N] silently squeal at how cute he looked while doing so. 

"What... what did s-she say...?" His stutter had returned. 

[Y/N]'s smile came back again. She quickly tackled the shorter boy, wrapping her arms around his neck tightly as they came crashing to the ground. The poor boy let out a strangled yelp while [Y/N] squealed in delight. They both fell to the floor and simply stared at each other. The girls hands were on the ground, Wen Ning's head between them. They blinked slowly at each other, not realizing what had just happened. 

They soon burst out into laughter, the sound filling the empty still air. Wen Qing could hear it from the house. She paused what she had been doing and had to look out the window to see what had happened. She herself might have giggled, just a bit, at the sight. They were so cute together! 

'Looks like I might be an Aunt soon..' She snorted at that and resumed what she had been doing, a small smile on her pale lips - the happy sight still fresh in her mind. They never failed to make her smile. 

"She said yes!" 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▶ Isn't this just the cutest? 

▶ Honestly this cant turn into angst (even though I want to soooo badly!) I'm not a monster (maybe I am ;)) 

▶ First chapter in the new year! <33333 

Completed : 1/6/22