twin jades x older sister!reader 🍵❄️࿐

▶ Requested by - @Rani_MK_yt

▶ Heavy angst - I will try my best 🤧

▶ Female reader  

▶ Will take place when Wei Wuxian is accused of stealing all the prey  

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Lan [Y/N] made her way through the crowd that had formed. Once she did, she was met with the sight of Wei Wuxian and Jin Zixun arguing. Jiang Yanli, Jin Zixuan, some other Jin disciples, and Madam Jin all stood off to the side. 

"What is happening?" She asked coldly. Everyone froze, heads snapping over to where she was standing. Soon the air became cold and silent. [Y/N] kept her head raised high, not faltering once. "Well?" She cocked an eyebrow at them. "Are you going to explain or will I have to find out what happened by force?" She narrowed her golden brown eyes. 

One of the Jin disciples caved and explained the whole thing. Jin Zixun promptly glared harshly at the disciples. 

Lan [Y/N] kept her face cold and expressionless while the disciple explained everything. 

Once they were done, then she spoke. "Wei Wuxian was with me most of the time." She lied. Wei Wuxian's eyes widened. What was she doing?! "And even if he was using..." She narrowed her eyes. "These darker methods he still did not break any rules. There is no rule stating that he can't do what he did. Sure he took most of the prey but that is what this is all about. Who ever gets the most prey wins, is that not the goal?" She inquired, lips pursed. "And if you want to point fingers then go and bicker like little kids with Clan Leader Nie, he too has taken most of the prey." She wordlessly challenged them. 

Jin Zixun sputtered before he narrowed his eyes and gritted his teeth. He very quickly backed down and walked away, the Jin disciples he brought over with him following behind him timidly. 

Lan [Y/N] continued to hold her head high, staring coldly at the others, daring them to try and do something again. 

Lan [Y/N] was considered very high ranking as the older sister of the Twin Jades, Lan Xichen and Lan Wangji, and because she was quite skilled in all the arts of cultivation. So her sticking up for someone like Wei Wuxian was a big deal. 

"Thank you so much Lady Lan." Yanli smiled gratefully and bowed to her. [Y/N] smiled and stopped her. "There is no need for that Lady Jiang. I was just doing the right thing, your brother doesn't deserve the treatment he has been getting lately." Wei Wuxian stood there, eyes wide and mouth open. 1. The Lan [Y/N] just stuck up for him and 2. She just called him Jiang Yanli's brother. They aren't even related by blood! 

"Thank you so much! A-Xian has been struggling lately, I'm so glad you did that for him!" Yanli thanked her again, smiling. She looked just about ready to cry. "Of course! Anytime!" [Y/N] smiled and held Yanli's hands in hers. 

Lan Xichen and Jin Guangyao soon walked over. 

"Jiejie, what are you doing here?" Lan Xichen asked, smiling, his eyes widened slightly. "I was just talking with Lady Jiang, I asked her if she would allow me to learn how to make something that she is quite skilled in making. I thought, maybe, you two would like something different." [Y/N] lied easily. It wasn't really a lie because she truly came over here to ask Jiang Yanli that. 

Yanli's eyes widened before she nodded. "Of course! I would love too! Lets go back to the tower!" She suggested. "That would be great." [Y/N] agreed. The two acted like nothing just happened. Wei Wuxian was still frozen in shock. 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Later that night Wei Wuxian came and knocked on the door of where [Y/N] was staying that night. 

Lan [Y/N] tiredly opened the door and was surprised to see Wei Wuxian before she smiled and invited him in. 

"What brings you here this late? You should get some sleep, you will be tired tomorrow if you don't." [Y/N] chided. It made Wei Wuxian smile. She reminded him of his own Shijie. 

"I just wanted to thank you for earlier. I... I almost lost control..." He admitted quietly. [Y/N]'s gaze softened. "It really isn't a problem. You have been mistreated ever since the Sun Shot Campaign ended, when really you are just trying to do the best you can." She gently took his hands in hers, smiling. "If you ever need a place to stay, Gusu is always open. I promise that no one will hurt you there.." Wei Wuxian tensed at the mention of Gusu. "Did Lan Zhan tell you to say that to me?!" He asked coldly. [Y/N]'s smile fell. She frowned. "Of course not! I haven't spoke to my youngest brother since the end of the Sun Shot Campaign! I am just saying that you are always welcome at Gusu! I do not care what others think but you can't keep doing everything on your own! You shouldn't have to shoulder the whole burden by yourself! It doesn't make you any stronger than you already are if you try and do things on your own! And it doesn't make you any weaker if you ask for help!" 

Wei Wuxian pulled his hands away from hers and turned to leave. "I don't need any help!" He hissed. 

"Yes you do! It doesn't hurt to have some help!" [Y/N] protested. Her face looked pained. Wei Wuxian growled and tightened his grip on his flute. "I don't need anyones help! I am perfectly fine!" With that he walked out of her room. [Y/N] looked at him distressed. He slammed the door behind him. 

The female fell to the floor in despair. 

It was a lie. 

She had talked to her brother earlier that day. He had asked for her to try and talk with Wei Wuxian. Try to make him think sense again. Try to make him come to Gusu where Lan Wangji could help him. 

But she had failed. 

Wei Wuxian wouldn't listen to her. And he wouldn't listen to Lan Wangji. 

They both tried to so hard. One trying to save her friend and the other trying to save his lover. 

That night [Y/N] cried on the cold wooden floor. 

Wei Wuxian just wouldn't listen to anyone any more. He was determined to do everything on his own. To shoulder the burden all by himself and not let anyone else get hurt. 

"Wei Ying... You may think that what you are doing is keeping everyone safe.. but really... its just hurting everyone you are close to.." 

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▶ I tried 🤷 hope you like it :) 

Completed : 8/14/2021