Chapter 10

Harry's POV

I sighed. It took 4 grueling hours for me to finish my transfiguration essay. My head felt like I was going to explode yet it felt free. Did I just enjoy doing homework?
I looked at my watch and saw that it was quarter past ten. I still had three quarters of an hour until Sirius and Remus would get here so I stood up, walked over to my bed and picked up an ancient runes book. I sat on the end of my bed and absorbed myself in the book.

As my watch buzzed 11pm, I set my book down. A figure emerged out of a burst of green flames. Sirius was about to step out of the grate however when he caught sight of me he froze and his jaw dropped. He stood there in shock unable to move. It was at that moment, Remus came spinning out of the fireplace knocking Sirius flying. I cackled with laughter while Remus dusted himself off.

"Sirius, what are you doing here?" He asked.

Sirius' mouth appeared to be unable to form words. Remus walked over to him and helped him to his feet. He turned to face me then gaped.

"Harry, is that you?" He asked hoarsly.

"Yep, it is I Harry Potter," I grinned.

"How, what, why," Sirius managed to get out.

"It's a prank, with a deeper reason," I responded.

As soon as the word prank was mentioned Sirius and Remus both began to laugh.

I noticed something about them that I definitely wouldn't have been able to 2 days ago. They seemed to be standing closer than what it is considered normal for best friends. I could almost feel the sexual tension in the air. As they were laughing, I noticed Sirius brushing his hand against Remus'. I smiled softly, I wasn't surprised that they were potentially together.

"So Harry, tell us why you have turned yourself into a girl," Remus asked.

"Well I was entered into the Triwizard tournament un-"

"YOU WERE WHAT!" Sirius interrupted loudly.

"Padfoot let Harry speak," Remus whispered soothingly.

"I was entered into the Triwizard tournament under the Salem Witches Institute so I decided adhere to the rule that participants must wear their school uniform. So I took a potion that changed my gender to what I would have looked like, had I been born a girl. Think of the headlines 'Ministry of Magic forces the boy who lived into sex change'. I had to do it plus people's reactions were hilarious," I explained.

"Brilliant," Sirius laughed.

"Most ingenious," Remus agreed.

"The reaction of a particular person will greatly entertain you as will Draco Malfoy's reaction," I smiled.

Putting my wand to my temple, I thought about the interaction I had with Malfoy and Snape earlier. With my hand I summoned a pensive. The pensive emerged out of the floor and I put the memory in it.

"Go in," I stated grinning.

Remus and Sirius dived into the pensive.

I thought back to the day of the confrontation in the shrieking shack. Now I realised that they're had definitely been something going on between Sirius and Remus. They probably had something going on before that fateful Halloween and have only just rekindled it. Of course I could be completely wrong however the signs say otherwise.

It was then the pair I had been thinking about emerged from the pensive crying with laughter.

"Harry, you flirted with Malfoy," Sirius choked - breathless from laughing so much.