Chapter 26

Harry's POV

I walked in last to transfiguration and saw that Professor McGonagall was sat on her desk in her animagus form.

I chuckled to myself and chucked my bag down before skipping to the front of the class.

"Class open your books then read the passage on the book to bowl transfiguration." I instructed.

Surprisingly no one said anything and they just turned to the page and began to read.

About 10 minutes later I asked "what can you tell me about this spell?"

Hermione's hand shot into the air, as did a few other people's. I pointed at Neville then smiled at him, as though to tell him to answer the question.

"You need a lot of concentration to be able to perform it." He stated nervously.

"Correct you do need a lot of concentration to perform the spell," I grinned before continuing, "why don't you give the spell a try?"

The class did however none of them managed to do it.

I filled the bowl on McGonagall's desk with water then began to talk "I will now show you a ritual which involves a cat and a bowl of water."

McGonagall, in her car animagus for,  meowed suspiciously. I gently picked up the tabby cat then turned to the class "for this ritual to work, first I will bathe the cat in water."

I gently lowered Mc-Cat-agal towards the water however she squirmed free then changed back into her human form.

"Ah as you can see class that was a perfect animal to human transfiguration."

"MISS POTTER!" Minnie screamed.

I continued to talk as though nothing had happened "as you can see class the specimen has no recollection of being an animal at all."

"POTTER!" McGonagall roared.

Again I didn't listen, I just continued to talk "in fact the specimen still has all the abilities of speech and knowledge of human interaction as well."

"SIT DOWN MISS POTTER."

I turned and faced McGonagall with an innocent expression on my face - well it probably wasn't that innocent given who my father was and who my godfather and uncle are.

"Catnip?" I asked, holding my hand out.

Despite the fact she was in human form, the smell of the catnip intrigued McGonagall. She walked over to me and sniffed it.

"Class as you can see the specimen still retains some of its...animal instincts."

"HARRY POTTER SIT DOWN!" Commanded McGonagall.

I ran away from her. Due to the fact that I was still holding catnip in my hand, McGonagall chased after me.

Dumbledore walked into the classroom to find me, Harry Potter being chased around the classroom by my transfiguration Professor who had evidently got high off the catnip.

The other students were in tears of
laughter - Neville had fallen off his chair since he was laughing so hard.

"What is going on here?" Dumbledore asked calmly.

"That little arsehole has Catnip." Shouted McGonagall as she continued to chase me around the room.

"Ah, I'm just going to leave you be." Dumbledore stated before walking back out of the classroom.