Chapter 33

Harry's POV

I tripped out of the fireplace and landed square on my face. Professor McGonagall didn't even look up from her making as she stated "How elegant Potter."

I rolled my eyes "Definitely, well you know what they say Minnie, the less elegant you are at flooing the more eloquent you are at freeing your godfather."

That made McGonagall look up with a gasp.

"You freed him?"

"Yes, I freed him." I grinned broadly.

McGonagall got up from her desk, crossed the room quickly then gave me a short hug. I grinned and gently hugged her back.

"I'm proud of you Potter, I knew you'd be able to do it." She whispered.

"Thanks Minnie." I smiled, "I'll give you more details later but for now I need to talk to a certain someone whose dad I pissed off."

McGonagall laughed "well there are a lot of people whose dad it could be, I'll let you go and talk to them. Good luck Harry and well done."

I grinned at my professor, then walked out of her office. Pondering on the possible places Cedric would be I decided that the library would be the best place to start. However luck was on my side, I skipped down the corridor and as I turned right, I saw a tall brunette Hufflepuff boy walking towards me, his handsome face mostly hidden by a book. Grinning devilishly, I grabbed his arm as he walked past then dragged him (with some difficulty) into a broom closet.

"What the hell are you doing, I have a girlfriend." He exclaimed, struggling to get out of my vice-like grip. Evidently he hadn't realised it was me who was dragging him into a broom closet.

"Surely your girlfriend is allowed to drag you into a broom closet." I smirked.

Cedric blinked then stopped struggling "ooops sorry Harry, j didn't mean to sound forward when calling you my girlfriend. I mean I'd like you to be my girlfriend but if you don't want to then I perfectly understand..."

I stopped his babbling by pressing a soft kiss to his lips.

"I'd like nothing more than to be your girlfriend." I whispered.

My boyfriend grinned down at me then carefully kissed me again before chuckling "not that I am complaining being in a broom closet with you, I'm assuming you wanted to talk about something."

I grinned back, a faint blush littering my cheeks, "well I wanted to show you what happened at the Wizengamot meeting before you heard the likely twisted version in the Daily Prophet."

Cedric nodded, "May I ask why?"

I shuffled and awkwardly dropped my head so that I was looking at my feet. Cedric put his index finger under my chin then gently tilted my face up so that I was eye to eye with him. He moved that hand so that it was resting against the side of my face before murmuring "hey, you can tell me anything."

My stomach fluttered slightly as I felt him press a gentle kiss to my forehead. After taking a deep breath I stated, "Well, I may or may not have pissed off your dad."

Cedric states at me for a moment and I was beginning to worry that he was angry at me but then he did the unexpected. He burst out laughing.

"He gets pissed off at everyone."

I stated up into his grey eyes and whispered "you're not mad at me?"

He shook his head "of course not, I could never stay mad at you Harry. Now tell me what happened."

I reached my wand to my temple and, focusing intently, showed Cedric my memory of what happened in the court room. It was tiring but I managed to do it. When the memory had finished, Cedric pulled me into a tight embrace - resting his chin on my head. The smell of pine that came from his clothes provided an extremely comforting aroma.

"I have a few things to say: 1) congratulations on getting your godfather, 2) I'm sorry my father was such a dick and 3) you were absolutely brilliant. You showed them all and you embarrassed a bunch of tests. I'm proud of you." Cedric announced.

I blushed bright red as I swelled with pride. Cedric was proud of me. My insides tingled.

"Thank you Ced." I breathed.

Cedric lent down and pressed a kiss to my lips. Sparks fizzed in my stomach as I gently kissed him back.

Tentatively, I looked up at Cedric and smirked "I seem to remember you saying something about showing me an amazing experience in a broom closet."

Cedric asked cautiously "Do you want to?"

"Not..." I trailed off, slightly embarrassed.

Cedric blushed "oh no no no I don't want to rush into things, plus you're 14 and I'm a bit older."

I laughed "don't worry I won't go around calling you a pedophile."

Cedric laughed then asked seriously "How far do you want to take it?"

I thought for a moment before suggesting "I want things to be natural so how about I let you know if I'm uncomfortable or don't want to go further?"

Cedric nodded slowly "alright."

I shuffled a little closer to Cedric before wrapping my arms around his neck and pulling him down into a kiss, more passionate than any of our other kisses. Slowly Cedric snaked one hand around my waist while the other rested in my hair. It was blissful. Cedric was an incredible kisser - granted I have only ever kissed him before but I could tell that he was good. I deepened the kiss ever so slightly making Cedric pull me closer. I loved being this close to him, it was magical.

The door to the broom closet was yanked open and a voice announced "Dear me, this makes me think of the time 20 years ago when I had to stop another couple from snogging in the broom closet."

Cedric and I turned bright crimson and pulled apart. We were face to face with Professor McGonagall, Remus and a shaggy black dog.

"Shit." I whispered under my breath.

"What?" Cedric hissed in my ear, his arm still firmly in place around my waist.

"You are going to experience the overprotective Uncles." I muttered.

Cedric's eyes widened comically. "Oh fuck." He mumbled quietly.