Chapter 41

Harry's POV

I sat with Cedric in the library finishing off a potions essay when Neville rushed in, holding a letter.

"Harry, Hedwig gave me this." He announced quietly, thrusting the letter into my hand.

I tore open the letter and read the familiar scrawl in Sirius' handwriting.

Harry,
Urgent family matters, stop snogging Cedric and get your arse to your dorm.
Dadfoot

I rolled my eyes, honestly that was such a Sirius thing to say. I blushed at the part about Cedric. I turned to face my boyfriend who was trying to hide the fact that he had seen what was written and was trying to cover his embarrassed.

"You alright Ced?" I asked, smirking slightly.

Cedric blushed "erm yeah."

I laughed "I take it Sirius embarrassed you."

Neville glanced between Cedric, the letter and me before letting out a laugh.

"I don't...sorry...I didn't..." He mumbled.

I smiled at him, gently brushed a strand of hair out of his face and responded "I don't care you know."

He grinned sheepishly back at me then asked, "may I escort you back to your dorm?"

I nodded, "you may, thanks Nev."

"You're welcome Harry, you had best get to Sirius, he sounds like he had to discuss something pretty serious."

"He's always Sirius." I grinned.

Neville rolled his eyes, "I swear, he's officially been your dad for what? Two? Three weeks? And he's already corrupted you."

"Oh honey I was corrupted a long time ago." I grinned.

Cedric laughed and after I gave Neville a quick hug, he took my hand and led me back to my dorm.

When we reached my dorm, I grinned up at him before gently kissing his lips.

"I'll see you at dinner." I grinned.

"I'll see you later beautiful.' He responded.

I walked into my room and found Sirius sitting on my bed looking very serious (pun not intended).

"Ah Harry, you came." He smiled.

"I did, what's up Dadfoot?" I asked.

Sirius shifted uncomfortably on the bed, "come and sit down, I have something important to tell you."

I crossed the room and sat down next to him, "you're scaring me Siri, what's up, is Remy ok?"

"Rem, is alright don't worry. Well last night was the full moon and we found something." Sirius began.

"What happened?" I asked urgently.

"We found a werewolf." Sirius announced.

I gasped.

"We stayed with her until the morning, we found out that: she's  9, had been bitten recently, she's a witch, was kicked out of her house when she was discovered to be a werewolf and her name is Lyra." Sirius explained.

"Is she ok?" I whispered, terrified for the poor girl.

"Yes, I wanted to talk to you because, well...Rem and I were thinking of adopting her however we wanted to make sure that you were ok with having a sibling. Our first priority is you and we don't want to do anything to make you uncomfortable." Sirius smiled nervously.

"Does that mean I'd have a little sister?" I asked, my voice barely above a whisper.

Cautiously, Sirius nodded.

My face split into a wide grin, "when can I meet her?"

Sirius grinned at me then tackled me into a giant hug. I hugged him back and laughed, "did you really expect me to deny a child of a family?"

Sirius mumbled "well when you put it like that..."

"What's she like?" I asked.

"Who, Lyra?" Sirius responded.

"No, David Bowie." I stated flatly, rolling my eyes.

"Smartass." Sirius grumbled.

"Fucking Idiot." I shot back.

"She's very sweet, seems to be quite smart. She's got jet black hair and Hazel eyes, she makes me think of you actually." Sirius grinned.

"Dad." I whispered, "black hair, Hazel eyes, she sounds like my dad."

Sirius smiled at me, "he'd be so proud of you, so unbelievably proud."

I looked at Sirius. The expression on my face said everything. I didn't need to speak, he understood. He used his thumb to wipe away a tear that I didn't know had fallen before pressing a kiss to my forehead. He always knew what to say it do did Sirius.

The fireplace flared and two people stepped out, Remus and a small girl. Lyra. Remus walked over to Sirius and gently kissed his lips "he love." He mumbled.

"Hey Rem." Sirius murmured back.

I rolled my eyes, got off the bed and walked over to the little girl.

"Hey, I'm Harry." I smiled warmly at her.

Nervously, she smiled back "I'm-I'm L-Lyra."

"It's a pleasure to meet you Lyra, I hear you're my little sister." I smiled.

"Yes, that's what, Mr Sirius and Mr Remus said." She whispered, "do you want to be my big sister?"

"I'd like nothing more than to be your big sister." I beamed.

The small girl stared up at me before her face split into a shy grin. She lent forward and wrapped her arms around my middle, squeezing me into a tight hug. I wrapped my arms around her and hugged her back. I had known her for not even 10 minutes and already I felt a fierce urge to protect her from everything. She had already stolen my heart and was now my family.