Chapter 28

Harry's POV

I ran back to my room, blushing madly. I had a date to the Yule Ball with the incredibly handsome Cedric Diggory. Does that mean we are dating? I mean we had been on a few dates, but we've not made anything official. Plus we kissed so...

"Mischief managed." I mumbled to the portrait guarding the entrance to the head girls suite.

Sirius and Remus were sitting on the bed, holding hands. They looked up at the sound of the door shutting and grinned.

"Moons, I think there's been a development in someone's romantic life." Sirius smirked.

"Shut up Sirius." I squeaked, my face turning the same colour as the drapes in the Gryffindor common room.

"I think you have something to tell us, Harry." Chuckled Remus.

They shuffled over so I could sit down on the bed before staring at me expectantly.

"Well as is tradition, the Yule Ball will be held on Christmas Eve." I started.

"Did a certain someone ask you?" Sirius smirked.

I blushed.

"That certain someone also gave her a rose." Remus smirked.

"I hate you both." I mumbled.

"No you don't. Now come on Harry we're waiting for the news." Sirius stated impatiently.

"Well, lots of boys kept pestering me to take them to the ball however I shut them all down. Even though I said no, they all got closer and continued trying to get me to go with them." I explained.

"Where are these bastards, I'm going to hex their balls off." Remus growled.

"Damn Moony didn't know you were so protective." I laughed.

Remus smiled bashfully before hugging me.

"Harry I love you, that's why I'm so protective."

I hugged him back tightly. Sirius was grumbling impatiently. Laughing, I pulled away then continued to talk.

"Then someone shouted for them to leave me alone. It was Cedric. He thwn asked me if I wanted to go to the ball with him. I said yes, he handed me the rose then kissed me in front of the whole hall."

"OH MY DAYS THATS ADORABLE." Squealed Sirius.

"I'm very happy for you Harry." Remus smiled.

I blushed.

"Awwww Ickle Harry has a date, how adorable." Sirius teassed.

"Do you want to hear about the prank I pulled?" I smirked.

"We really are a bad influence on you my dear niece." Remus chuckled.

"PRANK! Tell me tell me tell me." Sirius exclaimed.

"That you are Uncle Moony. Well here's what happened..." I laughed.

I put my wand to the tip of my temple and drew out a long strand of silver memory. I summoned a pensive and placed the memory inside of it. Remus and Sirius dived inside to watch the chaos unfold.

"That was brilliant." Remus chuckled.

Sirius was leaning on Remus' shoulder, tears pouring down his cheeks as he laughed hysterically.

A silver cat slinked into the room. I was confused, what did McGonagall need to tell me so urgently it required a patronus?

"Miss Potter, congratulations on finding a date to the Yule Ball. I must ask you to be careful, whenever there is something like this happening someone will spike the drinks with alcohol. I am telling you this now so you have the time to learn the contraceptive charms just in case you and Mr Diggory get drunk and do the devil's tango. I do not want to become a grandmother this early."

My face heated up. I had gone redder than ever.

Sirius fell on the floor as he howled with laughter. Remus stared at me before bursting into laughter.

"I think that was payback for your prank earlier." Remus gasped.