Chapter 11

Harry's POV

I opened my eyes and jumped at the sight of two figures standing at the end of my bed. I relaxed slightly when I realised that it was Hermione and Professor McGonagall.

"Well Miss Potter, I must say you look very comfortable." McGonagall chuckled.

I blushed but grinned back at her. Hermione handed me a small square of paper that made me chuckle. It was a photograph depicting me sandwiched between my two Uncles. I looked closely and saw that Sirius and Remus were holding hands. It was adorable.

Sirius stretched then he opened his eyes, jumping at the sight of  McGonagall and Hermione. He reached across to the bedside table in an attempt to grab his wand however he just knocked it off the table.

"Very elegant Mr Black," snickered Hermione.

He put his hands up in the air - one hand still holding Remus' - in surrender.

"Uncle Sirius its okay, Minnie mouse knows your innocent." I grinned.

"Oh thank god," Sirius sighed.

"Mr Black it is a pleasure to know that you are innocent, I plan to do the best I can to get all charges dropped against you." McGonagall stated before continuing "now after some new revelations, it appears that Albums owes me 20 galleons."

Sirius' look of gratitude turned to a look of confusion. I began to laugh as I had an idea what was going on.

"You see Mr Black, the professor's of Hogwarts are not as... oblivious to the love lives of their students as you might think." McGonagall began to explain.

Sirius caught on and shouted "YOU BET ON OUR LOVE LIFE!?"

That woke Remus up with a jump. He ended up falling off the bed sending me into hysterics.

I got off the bed and helped Remus up off the floor.

"Thanks cub," he mumbled.

Remus stood and dusted himself off before sitting back on the bed.

"Now why was I awoken by Sirius' screaming," Remus asked. Just the he noticed Professor McGonagall and Hermione.

"Oh, I didn't know we had company hello Minerva, hello Miss Granger."

They smiled at him then Sirius turned bashfully and looked at Remus. "Sorry dear" he apologized.

Remus' eyes wide then flicked between looking at Sirius and looking at McGonagall and Hermione.

"Don't worry Rem, they know." Sirius muttered.

Slightly shocked, Remus asked "How?"

"You see Minnie McG had a bet that we would get together," Sirius explained.

It took a minute for Remus to take in what Sirius said. "I see." He eventually responded.

Suddenly I had a burning question, "not to be rude or anything but why did you come into my room?"

"Harry it's 10 o'clock you everyone said that you didn't turn up to divination and you have an interview in under an hour." Hermione stated.

"WHAT!" I shouted.

"I must break the unfortunate news that it is with Rita Skeeta," McGonagall sighed.

"What that nosey Slytherin bitch that was a few years ahead of us," Sirius asked.

Remus nodded grimacing, "she's now famous for ruining people's careers."

I groaned. This would not go well. Sighing I got out of bed, took some clothes into the bathroom and had a quick shower, brushed my teeth then got dressed.

I walked back into my room, drying my hair in the process.

"Well Miss Potter I will take you to the interview when you I completely ready. Since you did technically bunk of a lesson ordinarily I would tell you to catch up the work you missed however since it was divination you missed..." McGonagall trailed off causing me to laugh. She had made her feelings about divination abundantly clear throughout the whole of last year.

"I'm sure professor Trelawney would have seen this coming," I joked causing McGonagall to chuckle.

"Harry you did the impossible, you made Minnie laugh!" Sirius exclaimed as I grabbed my books from my desk.

I laughed then turning to face my Uncles I asked, "will you be here when I get back?"

Remus smiled fondly at me then responded "of course Harry, we want to hear all about the interview and we can begin training you for the first task,"

"While I am not supposed to help you, given the tournament rules, I will anyway as there is no way Igor Karkaroff will play by the rules." McGonagall remarked.

"Karkaroff is here?" Sirius hissed, his voice layered with poison.

"He's headmaster of Durmstraung Institute Mr Black," Hermione stated.

"Harry, be careful around him, he's a death eater. He got lucky and escaped Azkaban by trading the names of other death eaters including Crouch's son." Sirius revealed.

"What," Hermione and I gasped.

The three adults nodded.

"Are you serious Mr Black," Hermione whispered.

"Of course I'm serious Hermione, I am Sirius Black after all." He grinned.

Remus, McGonagall and I all groaned.

"Also call me Sirius, Mr Black is my father. Plus it makes me feel old," Sirius added.

"But you are old," I snickered.

"Yeah Sirius you are old, you're 35 today," Remus chuckled.

"WAIT WHAT!" I shouted. I didn't know it was my godfather's birthday. What sort of goddaughter was I.

"It's your birthday?" I asked weakly.

"Oh so it is," Sirius chuckled.

"I-I-I didn't know," I mumbled.

My head drooped and a single tear fell down my cheek. I felt so bad. I didn't get the man who had treated me with nothing but love and kindness a birthday present.

"Hey Pup, don't worry about it. Being with you on my birthday is the best present ever. It's definitely better than being chucked in Azkaban." Sirius declared.

I looked up at him, tears still in my eyes. Sirius smiled at me before gently pulling me into a hug.