Chapter 17

Harry's POV

Dragons. I had to fight or do something to a dragon. Did they want to kill us. How is this safer than the other years.

I left Cedric in the entrance hall then rushed up to my room. This was a nightmare. I can't fight a dragon I'm 14 and barely 5 feet tall.

When I ran into my room I found Sirius and Remus waiting for me.

"Dragons," I screeched.

"The first task is to do with dragons. Not even baby dragons, nesting mothers. Well isn't-this-kick-you-in-the-crotch, spit-on-your-neck fantastic."

"Hey calm down Harry, we'll help you prepare for the task," Sirius stated.

He got up and pulled me into a hug. I dropped my shopping and put my arms around him and began to sob. Sirius rubbed my back and whispered in my ear "it's ok pup, let it all out."

"I don't want to die Siri, I finally have people worth living for." I sobbed.

I heard a knock at the door but didn't move from the comfort of Sirius' arms so Remus went to answer it.

"Hello Neville," Remus smiled.

"Professor Lupin, it's good to see you." Neville gasped.

"Is Harry in there?"

"He is, hold on. Harry can Neville come in?" Remus asked gently.

I made a beckoning with my hand yet didn't move from Sirius' arms. I was worried for his safety of course however Neville might be able to help since I'm pretty sure his grandmother has an influential seat on the wizengamot. 

Remus let Neville in. As he spotted me, Neville asked "Harry are you ok?"

I let go of Sirius then turned to face him, my eyes red and puffy.

"I'm alright, just freaking out as I found out what the first task is." I laughed.

Neville walked over to me and nervously gave me a hug.

"Can I help in any way?" Neville asked.

"Not unless you know a way to hurt a dragon." I half laughed, half sobbed.

"The conjunctivitis curse may help." Neville responded.

"Kid's as smart as his parents," Sirius muttered.

I pulled away from Neville smiling slightly.

"Who's that?" Neville asked.

"Oh that's just Sirius." I laughed.

Neville's eyes widened then he bowed "Lord Black it's a pleasure to meet you."

"Heir Longbottom," Sirius nodded his head at Neville.

"Lord Black, my grandmother was always sure you were innocent." Neville smiled.

"What the fuck?" I whispered causing Remus to snort.

"How do YOU know I'm innocent?" Sirius asked.

"I'd hardly be sobbing on the shoulder of the guy who got my parents killed." I commented sarcastically.

"Fair point." Sirius noted.

"The night that Harry found out, I was in the hospital wing. A Slytherin had thrown an invisibility potion on me so I heard everything." Neville explained. "I told my grandmother and she wants to help."

"I always knew Gus Gus was fond of me?" Sirius laughed.

"Please, PLEASE call her that in front of me it will be gold." Neville laughed.