Chapter 23

Harry's POV

I had not realised my eyes were shut until I realised I could see anything. It took quite some effort however I finally managed to open my eyes. I blinked before sitting up. My head throbbed but I didn't care as I wanted to know what happened.

"Harry are you ok?" A voice to the right of me asked.

"My head is pounding. What happened?" I responded.

"You got so angry you performed accidental magic. I had to examine your magical core and it turns out the block I placed on some of your abilities was never removed." Dumbledore explained.

"I performed accidental magic?" I asked.

"Yes." Dumbledore smiled.

"Hold on, you placed blocks on Harry's magic and didn't remove them? What magic did you block?" Sirius asked.

"I blocked his metamorphagus abilities and restricted his magical core strength to 50% because I didn't want him to hurt anyone. The block was supposed to stop working at 11 however evidently it stayed." Dumbledore stated.

"What's a metamorphagus?" I asked confused.

"Someone who can change their appearance at will." Remus commented.

"Awesome."

A groan cam from beside me. I turned and saw professor Snape lying on the floor. I suddenly remembered what had happened.

"Oh my goodness professor are you ok?" I asked.

"I'm fine Potter." He glared "I am partially to blame."

That was shocking, Snape admitting he was at fault.

I had a burning question to ask Dumbledore that couldn't wait any longer.

"Professor Dumbledore, if Sirius' name gets cleared can I live with him since he is my legal guardian. I refuse to go back to the shit hole I live in." I asked.

"That depends Harry, the blood wards keep you safe." Dumbledore responded.

"The blood wards keep me safe from the outside. It doesn't work if the monsters are on the inside." I hissed.

"Come now Harry your family loves you." Dumbledore said sternly.

"They are no family of mine. If they loved me why did I live in a cupboard under the stairs for 10 years. If they loved me why was I their personal house elf. If they loved me why was I starved at every possible chance. If they loved me why was I punished for being good at school. If Petunia Dursley loved me why didn't she tell me how my parents died. For most of my life I grew up thinking my parents died in a car crash." I cried. I began sobbing uncontrollably.

A pair of arms pulled me close - it was Sirius. I sobbed into his chest as he brushed my hair out of my face.

"You left Lily Evans' child with Petunia. I told you she was a spiteful bitch." Roared Snape.

"Like you helped Snape." Scoffed Remus.

"What's that supposed to mean Lupin?" Sneered Snape.

"You are the teacher who deals with students in abusive homes. However you were two busy hating Harry for looking like the father he spent a year and a half with to notice that he showed all the signs of being abused." Remus spat.

Snape stood there in shock before whispering "shit."

"Harry I'm so sorry." Dumbledore whispered. "I never knew."

"It's all in the past now. Just promise me you'll get me out of there." I responded quietly.

Dumbledore nodded then Snape walked over to me. I pulled away from Sirius so I could face him without having to crane my neck. Snape knelt down infront of me and looked into my eyes.

"Harry I am sorry I couldn't help you. I shouldn't have hated you because you looked like your father. I want to treat you normally but it's too risky so i plan on just ignoring you in lesson time. After lessons I shall give you extra lessons in potions and actually help you become a potions master."

"Thank you professor. It may take time to be able to trust you however I appreciate the kind gesture." I responded cautiously.

I didn't trust him however I could tell that he was trying to make up for his past mistakes.

"Is it ok if I supervise these lessons?" Remus asked.

"Very well Lupin." Snape sighed before standing up and walking out.

I stood up and as I turned to walk out, Dumbledore announced "Harry I would like for you to come back with Remus tomorrow as I believe that we have more to discuss."

"Can it wait a little longer professor, I need a bit of time to think stuff through." I asked.

"Very well." Dumbledore sighed.

I walked out of the office shortly followed by Remus and Sirius (who had changed into his animagus).