Chapter 43

Harry's POV

Cedric and I met outside the prefect bathroom. When asked how I knew where it was, I became very mysterious and merely smirked, "I'm Harry Potter, I have my own ways of finding things."

Laughing, Cedric gave the password and led me into the room. I held back a gasp. The room was absolutely huge. There was a bath the size of a swimming pool with about a hundred different taps.

"Holy shit." I whispered.

"I know, it's impressive. It's definitely worth being a prefect just so you can use this bathroom." Cedric laughed.

He turned on the taps while I continued to take in the surroundings.

"I'm definitely going to become a prefect."

Cedric grinned "I think you'd be a great prefect."

I blushed bright red then mumbled "should we get into our swimming costumes?"

Cedric's cheeks tinged pink making me blush an even deeper shade of crimson. He nodded and we turned around so we were back to back. Quickly, I changed into my bikini and waited for Cedric to say he was ready.

"I'm ready." He called a moment later.

Turning around, my eyes widened at the sight of Cedric in swimming trunks. My eyes traveled over his toned chest reducinge to a blushing, bumbling mess.

"You...you look good." I mumbled.

Cedric blushed, "thanks, you look absolutely stunning."

My face was so warm you could have probably fried an egg on it. I sat down on the edge of the bathtub so as to hide my face slightly. Cedric sat down next to me and pulled me into a hug. I relaxed slightly and lent into his embrace.

"Shall we try and solve our clue?" I suggested.

Cedric nodded then let go of me so that we could slip into the bath. I was slightly nervous given the size of the bath/pool and I don't know how to swim.

"Are you alright Harry? You're clutching onto the side very tightly." Cedric asked.

"I erm well I..." I stumbled over my words.

Cedric smiled then wrapped an arm around my waist, "you should have said that you couldn't swim. Here, hold on to me, I'll help you."

"Thanks Ced, I know the basics on how to swim but I'm not very confident." I whispered.

He pressed a kiss to my cheek then used his other hand to grab my golden egg.

"So Professor Lupin said to hold it underwater. What I'll do, I'll count down from 3, then open it underwater before ducking down. Do you want to go underwater or stay above water?"

"I'll go underwater." I smiled.

"Ok, 3...2...1...egg open, duck underwater." Cedric announced.

I took a deep breath then put my face in the water. Instead of the horrible screaming noise, what came out of the egg was a beautiful singing.

Come seek us where our voices sound,
We cannot sing above the ground.
An hour long you'll have to look,
To recover what we took.
But past an our the prospect's black,
Too late, it's gone, it won't come back.

I pulled out of the water and took a deep breath. Cedric lifted his head out just after me then took a deep breath.

"So we have to retrieve something from the merpeople." I stated.

"Yeah, wait there are merpeople in the black lake so we probably have to go in there." Cedric reasoned.

I nodded, "what do you think they are going to take?"

"Perhaps an object, like a broomstick." Cedric suggested.

I nodded slowly, however an idea popped into my mind, "Ced...what if it's not an object..."

Cedric stared at me for a moment "you don't think they'd be that stupid?"

Yes. Yes they would.

"Ced, we are talking about the ministry who let a 14 year old compete in a competition for 17 year olds." I reasoned.

Cedric sighed "that's true, I don't think any of the people in the ministry have any brains."

I really wanted to say something about how Cedric's father didn't have a brain. So I did.

"Is that including your father?" I asked.

Cedric laughed, "don't tell him that I told you but yes."

I snorted with laughter then a thought crossed my mind, "Ced, if they are going to take someone, who are they going to take?"

"Well probably someone important." Cedric responded.

I hugged him tightly "I don't want you getting hurt."

He clutched me to his chest "I think I should be more worried about you, given your history with dangerous things."

I smiled, "I'm Harry Potter, I'll be fine, I can get myself out of dangerous situations without a scratch."

Cedric laughed then gently kissed my lips, "you need to try and not get yourself in those situations."

"But that's no fun." I grinned.

He rolled his eyes then kissed me again, more passionately this time. I moved my hands into his hair and kissed him back furiously. My legs wrapped around his waist and he gently rested his hands on my waist, allowing him to deepen the kiss.