Chapter 46

Harry's POV

The night of the Yule Ball was complete and utter chaos. Hermione and Ginny came to my dormitory and we got dressed together.  It was the most fun I'd ever had.

"Cedric's gonna be knocked for six when he sees you Harry." Ginny smirked.

"Ginny, I am wearing my pajamas, shush." I glared.

I was currently wearing a pair of shorts and a t-shirt while Hermione curled my hair and Ginny did my makeup."

"Harry you look pretty whatever you wear." Hermione cooed causing me to blush.

"So do you."

"Hermione, I still can't believe you're going to the ball with my brother." Ginny laughed.

A few days after Neville asked Susan to the ball (when she said yes I gloated mercilessly about how he should worship the ground I walked on which earned me a slap), Fred had shyly asked Hermione if she wanted to go to the ball with him (after I shoved him into her).

"I still can't believe you're going to the Yule Ball with Luna." Hermione counter-argued

Personally, I don't see how that came as such a surprise, it was quite obvious that Ginny had been throwing eyes at Luna, she just needed a little...encouragement (aka me pushing her into Ginny).

"If it helps, I expected both of these occurrences to happen." I grinned.

"That's because you're a bitch and shoved us into our crushes." Hermione retorted.

"You're welcome by the way."

"If you try to get us to worship the ground you walk on, it ain't happening." Ginny chuckled.

"Awww come on, I deserve it."

The girls slapped me on the head then continued to help me get ready for the Yule Ball.

My hands shook as I carefully pulled my dress on. Taking a deep breath in an attempt to calm the jittering butterflies that were smashing into my stomach, I glanced at myself in the mirror. I gasped. I didn't recognise myself.

The dress I wore reached the floor and was made out of a beautiful emerald material and had spaghetti straps with a low cut bodice that showed off just the right amount of cleavage. Hermione had found a charm that allowed her to pierce my ears so I now wore two small emerald studs in my ears with a matching ring on my middle finger.

"You look beautiful Harry." Hermione smiled.

Blushing, I mumbled "so do you Mione."

Hermione wore a beautiful periwinkle blue gown, her hair slicked up in a sleek and elegant updo with a few loose curls framing her face.

"You'll definitely cause Cedric to have a heart attack." Ginny giggled.

Unless I had somehow managed to lose all colour in my face, I was certain that I was currently doing a rather good impression of a tomato as I thought about how Cedric may react when he saw me.

"Luna won't be able to talk Gin." I murmured.

Ginny blushed slightly before brushing down her deep blue gown.

A knock on the door brought me back into reality. Walking over to the door, I pulled it open and beamed at the people I was face to face with.

"Hey Dadfoot, Moony." I smiled softly.

"Wow." Sirius gasped.

"You look beautiful Harry." Remus smiled, his eyes filling with tears.

I stepped forward and hugged them both tightly.

"Don't cry Rem." I mumbled.

"Sorry Cub, it's just...you look so much like Lily. I can't tell the difference." He whispered, pulling back from the hug to kiss my forehead.

"I take it by the suits, you're coming to the ball too." I laughed.

"Dumbledore needed extra chaperones." Sirius shrugged.

I rolled my eyes, "you wanted to be an overprotective dick, got it."

"If that boy even thinks about putting his hands on you he's dead." Sirius growled.

Ginny and Hermione snorted with laughter then joined in my hysterical laughter as Remus slapped Sirius around the head.

"Sirius, here's an idea, why don't you stick to snogging your fiancé in front of Snape to piss him off and I'll focus on being a good girl and not doing anything I shouldn't."

Remus laughed, "god you're just like your mother."

"I can live with that." Sirius smirked, kissing Remus on the lips gently.

Remus pulled something out of his pocket then handed it to me. It was a small black velvet box.

"Open it." He murmured.

Flipping open the box, I gasped at the sight of the contents. Inside, cushioned on the velvet, there lay a beautiful necklace. It was made out of silver and was adorned with a teardrop-shaped emerald.

"Oh my..." I whispered.

"Your mother wore that the day she married your father. I managed to recover it from your house after that night. I thought you'd like to wear it." Remus smiled softly.

I held it out to Sirius and whispered "will you put it on me please?"

Nodding, Sirius gently fastened the necklace around my neck.

"Thank you Rem." I murmured, hugging him tightly.

"You're welcome cub." He responded, kissing the top of my head.