Part 5

I'm now sitting in my room thinking about what just happened with Rafe. I genuinely hope I was able to help him and didn't freak him out. His comment about just needing to man up is stuck in my mind.

I try to push the thoughts aside and get some sleep.

*2 days later*

Everyone has decided to take the day off of work today so that we could go out on our boat, HMS Pogue. I am the first one to wake up, as always. I take the opportunity for some peace and quiet and go out onto the dock and watch the sunrise.

The crew all eventually pile out of the house, we gather our things and John B begins navigating us out of the marsh. We enjoy our day just hanging out, drinking beer, laughing, and enjoying each other's company.

I start thinking about how lucky I am to have such great friends.

After awhile we decide to head back to the Chateau and get changed to go surfing. We all grab our boards and go to the beach.

Of course JJ has to show off his moves and prove he is the best surfer of the group. But no one is denying that, he truly is talented.

Sarah and I decide to sit in the sand together and get some sun

Sarah and I decide to sit in the sand together and get some sun. I debate telling her what happened with Rafe a few days ago but decide against it.

*ding*

I hear my phone chime and pull it out of my bag sitting next to me. I see that it is a text from Rafe.

Rafe: 'Are you busy?'

A few seconds later I hear another message come in.

Rafe: 'Nevermind'

Liv: 'I'm not busy, are you okay?"

Rafe: 'yeah'

I know he is lying. Why else would he have texted me?

Liv: 'Where are you?'

I immediately get up and tell Sarah I have to go with no further explanation.

Rafe: 'My house'

Liv: 'I'm coming'

I quickly start my car and drive to Tanneyhill as fast I can without getting myself pulled over. I pull up the long driveway and I see Rafe pacing back and forth outside by his dirt bike.

I park my car and grab my keys out then go over to him. He is still pacing back and forth and this time he looks more angry then sad. I stop myself in front of him hoping he will stop pacing.

"What's wrong, Rafe?"

"I don't want to do this anymore... I can't do this anymore... I don't want it." He is mumbling and has his hands on his head, still pacing.

"Do what? Rafe, calm down." I reach out and touch my hand to his side. He finally stops and looks at me.

"I don't want to do this anymore." He repeats and holds out his hand as if he is giving me something. I look down and hold out my hand also. He places something in my palm, a small plastic bag with a white powder inside. I know immediately what it is. I quickly slide it into my shorts pocket to get it out of view and turn my attention back to Rafe.

I pull him into a tight hug and I slowly feel his body un-tense.

"I will help you." I assure him.