Part 32

*3rd person pov*

Rafe makes his way from his truck to the familiar trailer. He notices Barry's dirt bike is nowhere to be seen but he knocks anyways. He waits, no answer. Just as he is about to knock again he feels his phone vibrating in his pocket. He pulls it out and a picture of his favorite blonde haired girl is now on the screen. He smiles for a split second before pressing accept.

"Hello?" He answers with the phone now pressed up to his ear.  He hears nothing on the other end. "Liv?" Still nothing.

He starts to get worried. Just as he finishes putting the pieces together in his head he hears Barry's voice yelling in the background of the call. Rafe runs back to his truck and speeds out of the driveway and onto the road. He drives as fast as he can in the direction of the Chateau.

*Liv's pov*

"...time is up." The words send chills down my spine. Just as I am about to try and plead with Barry I see him lunge toward me. I try to quickly run around him and toward the door, but he is bigger and faster that me.

He grabs me, "Try that again and I will kill the both of you" he threatens.

The barrel of the gun is now pressed firmly against my temple. I close my eyes tightly, fearing for the worst. Barry is speaking but the fear in my body tunes him out.

A few moments later I hear a long bang followed by a thud. My eyes shoot open and I see a familiar mop of dirty blonde hair. Rafe has tackled Barry to the ground, the gun now lays on the floor a few feet away. I see Barry reaching for it so I quickly run and grab it.

Rafe delivers a few punches to his face and I see blood has already started to pour from his nose. He stops and throws a wad of cash on Barry's chest. "If you ever come near her again I will fucking kill you." Rafe threatens in a low and intimidating voice.

He stands up and backs away from Barry. He makes his way over to me but I don't move. I remain in my place with the gun pointed directly at Barry, waiting for him to leave. He slowly stands up with a groan, grabbing the money, and then making his way out the door. I hear a dirt bike engine rev up and then drive away. Finally, my body relaxes and I practically melt into Rafe's arms. He carefully takes the gun from my hand and places it on the living room coffee table behind us. The smell of gun smoke still fills the air.

"Are you okay?" I ask in a panic, realizing he could have been shot. I quickly start running my hands over his body to check. He softly grabs my hands and I look up at him.

"I'm fine, the real question is are you okay?"

I shake my head yes before nuzzling my face back into his chest. I feel safe with his arms wrapped around me.