Part 52

"This can't be happening." We are now in Kie's bedroom and I am pacing back and forth, nervously.

She comes over to me and places her hands on my shoulders to stop me from pacing. "Hey just calm down. Why don't you go ahead and set up a doctors appointment. They can check to see if you are for sure pregnant and let you know what to do next."

Just as she finishes speaking I hear my phone ringing. I pull it out from my back pocket. "It's Rafe! What do I do?"

"Just answer it and act normal. There's no need to freak him out yet."

I take a deep breath and press accept. "Hello?"

"Hey beautiful! Whatcha doin?"

"Not much, just at Kie's."

"Oh cool. I just wanted to see if you wanted to go out tomorrow afternoon. I would like to take you somewhere nice."

"Yeah! Sounds good."

"Okay I'll pick you up around 2. I love you."

"I love you too."

*the next morning*

I ended up spending the night at Kie's again. Her and I were able to go online and find a doctors appointment for this morning and she has agreed to go with me. I wake up bright and early, not being able to sleep much last night anyways.

I make my way to the bathroom and take a shower before changing into a t-shirt and a pair of shorts Kie let me borrow. She gets ready also and before leaving I tuck the 3 positive pregnancy tests into my hoodie pocket.

"Olivia Routledge?" A nurse dressed in pink scrubs calls my name from the waiting room shortly after checking in. I look at Kie nervously before getting up.

"It's gonna be okay." She says softly as I walk away.

The nurse leads me to an exam room and hands me a gown to change into. She types in some of my basic information and then draws a tube of blood from a vein in my arm. "Okay sweetie, I'm gonna take this over to the lab for testing and then the doctor will be in shortly with your results." She exits and leaves me laying in the exam chair.

I look around the room and try reading the posters on the wall to distract my mind. About 30 minutes go by and I hear a faint knock at the door before a young female doctor enters.

"Hello miss Routledge. I'm Dr. Autumn, I'm gonna be going over your results with you." I sit up a little straighter, waiting for her to read whatever is on her clipboard. "So the blood sample did come back positive. We are going to go ahead and get an ultrasound, that will tell us about how far along you are."

I lay back and she proceeds with the ultrasound. She prints out a few pictures and points out where the baby is on the black and white image. "Looks like you are right around 5-6 weeks along. I'm going to be sending some papers and pamphlets with you today. They have a lot of great information in them about options and next steps. So look them over later and we will want to see you back in 4 weeks."

She leaves and I get changed back into my clothes and walk back to the waiting area. Kie stands when she sees me approaching.

I just hold up the ultrasound picture and tears start to fill my eyes. She pulls me into a hug. I pull myself together and we leave the office.

I look at the time and see that I will need to start getting ready for Rafe and I's date. I drop Kiara back at her house, thanking her for coming with me and making her promise not to tell anyone, and then drive to the Chateau.

I look through my closet to try and find something to wear. He said he wanted to take me somewhere nice, so I figure my normal jean shorts and t-shirt won't work. I decide on a burnt orange colored tank top the has a tie in the front, a long black and white striped skirt, and a pair of tan wedges.

 I decide on a burnt orange colored tank top the has a tie in the front, a long black and white striped skirt, and a pair of tan wedges

I fix my hair and put on a little bit of makeup and perfume. Still having some time before Rafe will be here to pick me up, I lay in my bed and start looking over the pamphlets the doctor gave me.

I don't think the realization has hit me completely yet. I mean don't get me wrong, I am completely freaking out inside. A million thoughts and questions are running through my mind. How could I tell Rafe? And when should I tell him? What would he think? Would he still want to be with me?