Part 53

I hear Rafe's truck pull into the driveway. I quickly get up and shove the papers and tests into my dresser drawer before going outside to greet him. The afternoon sun lights up his face as he leans against the truck, waiting for me. I can't help but smile when I see him, realizing how lucky I am to have him.

 I can't help but smile when I see him, realizing how lucky I am to have him

He smiles when he sees me also and then pulls me in for a kiss. "You look beautiful, as always."

"And you look handsome as ever, darling."

We climb into the truck and he starts driving, eventually pulling up to a fancy brick building, which I recognize as the winery. Oh crap. He comes around and opens the door for me, holding his hand out for me to grab.

"I thought we could celebrate with lunch and a wine tasting."

"Celebrate?"

"You are looking at an official new home owner."

"Oh my gosh, that's great!" I reach up and wrap my arms around his neck and I feel his wrap around my waist. I pull away, "I'm so happy for you, Babe.... I think I might skip out on the wine through, I'm not feeling too good today."

He shakes his head and we go inside. "Reservation for Cameron" he tells the hostess. We are seated on a top floor balcony overlooking the vineyard and the ocean just behind it. I spend a few moments admiring the view.

The waiter comes to take our order just as Rafe places the menu back down on the table. "Can we get the sushi platter?" The waiter scribbles on his notepad and then leaves to put the order in.

Of course two of the things I can't have while pregnant, raw fish and alcohol, he wants to have today. Not too long goes by and the waiter returns with the sushi platter and a few different types of wines to try.

Rafe must see me scrunch up my nose, "you okay?" he asks.

Just then the wind blows and I get a strong smell of the sushi in my nose, instantly making my stomach churn. I don't have time to answer, as I already feel my breakfast coming back up. I get up and practically run to the nearest restroom, making it just in time. As I am hunched over the toilet, I hear the door open and then feel someone scoop the hair out of my face, holding it back for me.

"Let's go get you some water and take a walk." Rafe suggests after I am able to pull myself together. We exit the bathroom, getting a few dirty looks from the middle aged women that were in there.

He buys a bottle of water from the bar and we head outside to walk around for a few minutes.

"I'm sorry I ruined our day."

"You didn't ruin in! I understand you're not feeling well."

"I just feel bad. You were so excited to go out and celebrate today."

"No need to feel bad. As long as I get to spend time with you I'm happy."

He's so cheesy. I smile and grab a piece of gum out of my bag. "Wanna get pizza and ice cream instead?"

He chuckles but agrees and we leave the fancy winery.