Part 61

*4 months later*

I am officially 22 weeks into my pregnancy, which means we were able to find out the gender of the baby. Rafe has gone to all of my appointments with me and has wanted to be so involved in the process, which I am so thankful for. I had the interesting idea to have a gender reveal party, such a kook thing to do, I know, but it sounded fun. The doctor told Kiara the gender and she has been sworn to secrecy, not even Rafe and I know yet, and she has given no hints.

We've invited our close family and friends over to the new house for a little evening get-together. Rafe's friends and I have since solved our issues and they have been showing their support lately, which I am also very thankful for. Everyone is dressed in either pink or blue, depending on what gender they think the baby will be. Rafe has on a powder blue button down shirt and I am wearing a blush pink dress that shows off my bump perfectly.

I am standing and talking to Pope and Kie while everyone is socializing and finishing their dinner. Rafe stands behind me and rubs my belly lovingly. I should also mention that Pope and Kie are officially together, I am so happy for them.

"Is everyone ready?" John B calls out to announce it is time to head outside.

When I originally suggested the gender reveal idea to Rafe, I was thinking we would just cut into a cake or pop a balloon to find out. But Rafe, of course, wanted to go all out. He had the idea to wait until it got dark and then have either pink or blue fireworks go off over the ocean. A bit over the top, I know, but he was so excited and I couldn't tell him no. So Kie found a guy that was willing to let off fireworks over the water from his boat.

All of our family and friends gather onto the beach around us. We all look up into the sky in anticipation. A minute or two goes by and I eventually hear the familiar loud 'bang' and I watch to see what color will appear.

Blue.

A few more fireworks go off and the color blue fills the night sky. A few people clap and cheer. Rafe excitedly pulls me in for a kiss and then wraps his arms around me. I know he would have been happy regardless if it was a boy or a girl, but he has had a feeling it would be a baby boy since the beginning.

John B comes over to me and pulls me into his chest next. My mind wonders to my father, I wish he could have been here to see this. He would have been so thrilled to have a little grandson running around one day. I feel a few more people join in, now making this one big group hug. Without having to look up, I know that it is JJ, Pope, and Kiara.

I feel like the luckiest girl in the world.