Part 11

After dropping off the groceries to Mrs. McConnell I go home to enjoy the rest of my day off. I texted Kie and asked her if she wants to come hang out, knowing she is off today, also. She agrees and meets me at the Chateau.

We start chatting and she helps me clean up and get some laundry done. I hear my phone ringing and pick it up to see who it is. Rafe. I ignore it. I'm still pissed about the events from this morning.

I go back to folding a pile of towels as my phone starts ringing again. I decline the call this time, hoping he will get the hint.

He calls again a minute later and I turn my phone off completely and throw it on the couch in frustration.

Kie looks over at me with her eyebrows raised in confusion. "Who the hell keeps calling you?" She asks.

"Spam, I think." I say hoping to brush it off.

I then remember I still need to come up with something to tell John B later when he asks where I disappeared to last night. An idea strikes me.

"Actually... it was this guy I was with last night. Do you think you could cover for me?"

"Sure." She agrees with a cheeky grin on her face. "Do I get to know who this mystery guy is?"

"Oh, it was nobody really. I don't think I will be seeing him again. Turned out to be a complete ass." I explain with a sigh, not giving too much detail.

...

It is now the evening. Thanks to Kie I am now caught up on laundry and the house is looking clean as ever. John B, JJ, and Pope arrive and we all sit out on the porch and enjoy the night.

"So, Liv... Wanna tell me where you were last night?" John B start to interrogate.

"Oh yeah, I stayed the night at Kie's house."

He looks over to Kie for confirmation.

"Yep, she was." Kie assures him.

"Really, so you got up in the middle of the night... and went to Kie's house?" He presses not completely buying the excuse.

"I called her and asked her to meet me. I was out on the beach and found a nest of sea turtle eggs. They started to hatch and I called Liv to come help me guide them to the water."

Damn she's good.

"Yeah. After that we just slept at her house." I add on. "I'm sorry I should have texted you."

He accepts the story and my apology.

"So I ran into Topper today when I was bringing Mrs. McConnell her groceries." I tell everyone, changing the subject.

"What'd he say?" Pope asks.

"Well after dumping the groceries out all over the ground he says, and I quote, 'you and your little surf rat friends stay off Figure 8.'"

"I'm gonna kill him." JJ says immediately.

...

When it starts getting late I head into my bedroom and sprawl out on the bed. I grab my phone and turn it back on. I now had numerous texts and missed calls from Rafe.

Part of me feels guilty for ignoring him but I can't get over the fact that he just stood there and watched. I really shouldn't be surprised because at the end of the day he is a Kook and a Kook isn't going to stick up for a Pogue.

I read through some of the texts he has sent.

Rafe: 'Liv please answer'

Rafe: 'I'm sorry about earlier'

Rafe: 'I didn't know what to do'

Rafe: 'Please talk to me'

Rafe: 'Liv I'm sorry'

I just roll my eyes and go to sleep.