Part 40

Rafe dropped me off at home after our lunch date and I see the crew is all gathered in the back yard.

Sarah sees me walking up and smiles. "Hey! How did your date with Rafe go?"

"Rafe is back?" JJ chimes in, obviously annoyed. I shoot him a quick glare from the corner of my eye.

"It went really well. He seems to be doing a lot better. And we got back together." I can't help the smile that creeps onto my face.

"That's great!" Kie says as her and Sarah both hug me. They have both been such great friends, especially these past 3 weeks that he has been gone. They have really been there for me, keeping me company and getting my mind off of it so I wouldn't be too upset.

"Also, there is a pool party at Topper's house tonight. We have all been invited." I announce.

I see some uncertain looks from the guys and I catch Pope rolling his eyes. Kie sees it also and slaps him on the chest. "We'll all be there." She promises.

I head to my room and turn on an Adam Sandler movie that I've see probably 100 times by now. Before I know it, it is time to start getting ready.

Since it is a pool party I change into a black bathing suit and throw my hair into a pony tail. I put a tank top and pair of jean shorts on over top to cover up.

I look down at my wrist and see the black friendship bracelet that JJ gave me in 5th grade

I look down at my wrist and see the black friendship bracelet that JJ gave me in 5th grade. He has a matching one, and we swore to each other to never take them off, and we never have. We were so young then, and wearing it today makes me feel weird. I decide to slide it off. I place in on my dresser and head out to the Twinkie so John B could drive us all to the party.

"Hi gorgeous." Rafe greets me with a quick kiss. "And welcome everyone, glad you guys came." He says politely to my group of friends.

Everyone ends up splitting up not too long into the party. John B and Sarah went out to the backyard to swim. Kiara dragged Pope to one of the couches, they are laughing and seem to be having a good time. I glance over and see JJ, sitting outside, drinking his third beer.

"Come on, let's get a drink." Rafe says, holding my hand and dragging me towards the kitchen.

"Are you sure we should?"

"I'm still aloud to drink, babe. Plus it's a party, let's have a good time."

He is in such a cheerful mood, I can't help but smile. He hands me a red cup and grabs one for himself.

"You guys having fun?!" Topper appears behind us, a drink also occupies his hand.

"We're just getting started." Rafe tells him.

"Well come on, let's do a couple shots!" Topper says excitedly, pouring vodka into plastic shot glasses. He hands one to Rafe and then one to me.

"I think I'm good, Top." I tell him as he holds it out to me.

"What?! No, no, no. Your boy just got back. Don't you wanna have fun tonight?" He replies, gesturing toward Rafe. I look over and see Rafe's beautiful, glowing smile. I was definitely starting to feel like a stick in the mud. I mean, he just got back and we should celebrate.

I smile back at him and grab the shot from Topper's hand.

"Fuck yeah, that's my girl!" Rafe shouts.

Topper counts down from 3 and we all three down our shots. Then another, before returning to our beers.

Rafe stands behind me and sneaks his hand around my waist. He bends down and kisses me playfully on the cheek. "I'm gonna go change into my swim shorts real quick." He says in my ear so I will hear him over the loud music playing. He sneaks away, upstairs to change. I see someone approaching me just after Rafe walks away.

"You took off your bracelet?" I hear JJ's voice behind me. I turn around and see the hurt expression on his face.

"I'm sorry J, it's just-" but I am cut off by Rafe scooping me up in his arms bridal style, and running towards the pool.

I can't help but giggle. "Rafe put me down." I say between laughs.

"No can do, sweetheart. We're going for a swim."

"Rafe Cameron! You better not!"

But before I know it, he has jumped into the pool with me in his arms.