Part 56

"... I'm pregnant."

"I'm sorry, what?" He asks in disbelief. I give him a moment to process what I've just told him. "Is if Rafe's?" He finally asks.

"Yes."

"Are you one-hundred percent sure?"

"Yes, I took 3 tests and I went to the doctors yesterday and took another test and had an ultrasound done."

"I mean that it's Rafe's?"

"John B! What is your problem?"

"I'm sorry. I'm just trying to wrap my head around it."

"Yes, the baby is Rafe's. I was technically already pregnant when me and JJ... ya know."

"And you're keeping it?"

"Yes."

He sits for a moment and I can tell he is thinking. "If you're happy, then I'm happy for you." He pulls me into a tight hug. "I'm sorry if I came off as an asshole. It's hard to think that my sister is having a kook baby."

I giggle and pull away from his hug. "We are not calling it a kook baby."

He puts his hands up in defense, "so when are you moving out?"

"Next week."

"Well that's fast."

"Hey it's only like a 5 minute drive, it's not like I will never see you again. And I will still help out as much as I can."

He pulls me in for another gentle hug. "Dad would be so excited to be a grandpa."

"I know." I say quietly, my mind now wondering to my father.

"Have you told anyone else?"

"Just you, Rafe, and Kie."

"When are you gonna tell JJ?"

The thought worries me a bit. I just shrug my shoulders and he gets the hint to drop the subject. "Well I gotta get to work." I tell him and head back into the house to get changed and ready for the day.

...

I clock in at the diner and throw my hair up before heading out to take a tables order. It's still early, so we aren't too busy yet. I scribble down the order and hand the slip to the kitchen worker before going to wipe down a dirty table.

The bell that hangs over the door chimes, letting me know someone has walked in. "Be right with you." I call out to them as I finish cleaning the table. When I look up, my stomach instantly drops. The one person that I wish I never had to see again is standing just inside the doorway. Marcus. In all of the craziness of the last couple months, I completely forgot that he was back in the Outer Banks.

"Hi Livy." He says with a snarky grin.

I feel myself already losing my patience, "what do you want?" I ask him, not even trying to hide the annoyance in my voice.

"Let me take you out." He replies cockily, leaning against the wall.

"Ha! You're funny."

"I'm serious. I'll show you that I've changed."

I just roll my eyes and walk away to grab the now ready order for my table. Hoping that he will just leave, I serve the customers and try to go back to what I was doing. I feel his presence behind me, his breath is on my neck, "you done messing around with that kook yet?" he asks lowly in my ear as his hand finds its way to my waist. My body jerks away at the contact.

"Marcus, seriously just fuck off." My voice stays quiet, not wanting to draw attention.

"Come on, princess. I go back to Georgia next week. You could come with me. We could run away together." His voice is still low and intimidating as he speaks slowly.

"No! Don't you get it? I want nothing to do with you. I never want to see you again. I'm finally happy. So just go back to Georgia and never come back. K?"

"Whatever, you're a dumb slut anyways!" He picks up a cup from the table next to him and throws it towards me, the contents spilling all over my front side, and then he storms off.

I just stand there for a moment is disbelief. He has to be the biggest asshole I've ever met.