Part 43

I'm now at Kie's house, helping her get ready for her first official date with Pope. I finish applying her eye makeup and she goes to change into the outfit we spent a good hour picking out.

"Ok now what should I do with my hair?" She asks after she changes.

Before I can answer I hear my phone ding.

Rafe: 'Meet me at our spot'

"It's Rafe. He wants to meet up." I tell Kie, still looking at my phone in shock that he texted.

"What are you waiting for? Go!"

"But your hair..."

"I'll figure it out. Go talk to him." She tells me, practically shoving me out the door.

"Hey have fun tonight." I tell her before I go.

...

I quickly jump in my Jeep and drive to the spot by the pier that Rafe and I have met at numerous times now. I see him already sitting in the sand watching the water, as I approach.

I sit down next to him. "Rafe, I want you to know how truly sorry I am."

"Do you have feelings for him?"

"No. I was just hurt that you left me, I guess. And I know that's no excuse, but I swear to you I don't have feelings for JJ."

He looks away and stays silent for awhile. I can tell he is lost in thought. I watch him closely as he thinks. I realize I have fallen in love with him. His dirty blonde hair and breathtakingly blue eyes, the way he talks, the way his eyes sparkle when he smiles. Everything about him, I was head over heals in love with him. Before I have a chance to talk myself out of it, I say the words that we have not said to each other before.

"I love you, Rafe."

I see the slightest smile start to form on his face before he runs his fingers through his hair and lets out a sigh.

*Rafe's pov*

"... I don't have feelings for JJ."

She says the words I was hoping she would say. I have to look away. I realize I have fallen in love with her. Her long blonde hair and greenish blue eyes, her kindness and compassion, the way she made me feel happy and alive. Everything about her, I was head over heals in love with her.

"I love you, Rafe." She says sweetly. A slight smile starts to creep onto my face, I run my fingers through my hair and let out a sigh. What she did hurt, but I know I have hurt her too. Before I can stop myself I say the words that I truly feel.

*Liv's pov*

"I love you, Liv." He says quietly.

I can't help my body from practically melting into his arms. I press my lips firmly against his, feeling him kiss back was like a hundred fireworks going off at once. I pull away and rest my forehead against his, looking into his eyes.

"I'm so sorry." I say again quietly.

"I believe you."