Part 27

I'm standing in front of the bathroom mirror finishing my hair before heading out. Tonight is the night of the big bonfire that occurs every year. Pretty much everyone in their teens or early twenties looking to party goes. It's always such a fun time.

I give my outfit one last glance over and nod at myself in success

I give my outfit one last glance over and nod at myself in success. I recently got my long hair cut to my collar bone, and I was loving it. I'm wearing a pair of black overall shorts with a black lace bralette underneath.

Everyone decided to get ready at our house, so we hop in John B's Volkswagen van, which he proudly calls the 'Twinkie', and we drive to our destination.

There is already a large fire going and music playing loudly. We end up getting split up in the large crowd of people, I try and search the crowd for my friends.

My eyes finally land on a familiar face, but it's not one I was wanting to see. It's my ex, Marcus. My mind starts spinning and my heart is racing, I thought he had moved to Georgia. Why was he back in the Outer Banks? This is not good.

A pair of arms wrap around my waist, breaking me from my daze and making me jump.

"You okay, beautiful?" Rafe's familiar voice asks.

I give a shy smile and nod, not wanting to worry him. I don't think Marcus seen me, I turn back to where he was standing and he is gone.

Rafe leads me over to where Topper and Kelce are hanging out, along with a few other Kook boys.

"Guys, I want you to properly meet my girlfriend, Olivia." Rafe says proudly to his group of friends.

I see Topper hesitate for a second, but then he speaks. "Ya know... I don't like the idea of Rafe dating a Pogue." He pauses and I start to slightly panic. "But this guy's crazy about you."

"Yeah, seriously he won't shut up about you." Kelce adds.

"Truce?" Topper holds out his hand.

"Truce." I reply back and reach out to shake his hand in agreement.

"Now someone get this girl a beer!" Topper yells making me laugh. It honestly feels like a weight off my shoulders.

I am handed a red solo cup full of beer, which I accept. I smile at Rafe and he leans down and plants a soft kiss on my lips.

"So I'm your girlfriend?" I ask with a cheesy smile.

"If that's alright with you."

"Of course."

The music seems to get even louder and the night goes on. I am laughing and dancing, enjoying partying with Rafe and his friends.

Rafe steps away to use the restroom and I take the opportunity to grab a refill of my drink.

Topper approaches me, "Hey Liv, I just want to apologize. I really liked Sarah and I was so upset when she broke up with me for John B. I'm over her now, like completely."

I can tell he is buzzed and he is rambling. "It's okay, Top. I just want to put that behind us."

Our conversation gets interrupted by an all too familiar voice speaking behind me. "Looking good, Liv."