Part 21

Rafe drops me back off at home, the boys are still at work. 'I just agreed to go out on a date with the kook king' I think to myself. What was I going to tell my friends?

JJ already knows I've been hanging out with Rafe, but a date is a different story. John B would probably throw a fit. This is Sarah's brother so what was she going to think?

Pope is a pretty chill guy but I'm sure he would be upset. And Kie. I had to tell Kie.

I drive over to her house, her father opens the door and informs me that she is in her room. I knock on her bedroom door.

"Come in." I hear her say from the other side. I open the door, step in, and close it behind me.

"Hey." I say nervously.

"Hi Livvi, I didn't know you were coming over."

"Yeah, I need to talk to you about something."

The smile on her face slightly fades. "What's is it?"

"I want to tell you this, and I know you are probably going to get upset."

"Liv, what's going on?" There's a hint of worry in her voice.

"So I've kinda been hanging out with this guy." I can't help the small smile that appears on my face.

"That's great! You deserve to be happy after how Marcus treated you."

My eyes wonder off as I try to think of how to tell her who this guy is.

"Wait, it's not Marcus is it?" She questions.

"No, no. It not."

"Okay... so who is it?"

"It's..." I hesitate "Rafe."

"WHAT?!" She raises her voice is disbelief. "You're dating RAFE?"

"No we aren't dating we've just been hanging out. It's hard for me to believe too. We just started hanging out and some feelings developed."

"He's just going to hurt you! Does he even really like you back, or is it just some sick way for him to hurt a Pogue?"

"Gee thanks, Kie." I shake my head and say sarcastically.

She starts to calm down and looks over to me. "I'm sorry, I didn't mean it like that."

I let out a sigh.

"Do you really like him?"

"I do."

"I just don't want to see you get hurt again. But if you truly like him, I will stick by you." She pulls me into a quick hug. "Have you told anyone else?"

"JJ kinda knows, but nobody else."

"You realize your brother is going to lose his shit, right?"

I shake my head knowingly.