Part 17

*2 weeks later*

It's officially the day of the Midsummers party. I am standing behind Kie as she sits in front of me in her bedroom. I finish adjusting her hair as she applies some last minutes make up to her face.

"You look gorg." I tell her as we finish putting on her flower crown.

"I could say the same to you." She replies. "I dread going to this thing but at least I will have you by my side."

We take some pictures of each other and some selfies before making our way to the venue.

I am wearing a long, baby blue, velvet dress. It has a slit up one side to my thigh and a small slit on the side above my waist. I don't get to dress up very often.

We arrive to the event pretty early so Kie and I go over and say hello to the boys

We arrive to the event pretty early so Kie and I go over and say hello to the boys. I see Pope look Kie up and down a few times, he's had a thing for her for awhile now. The boys feed us both with compliments before getting to work. They are helping Pope's father prepare food for the event.

Soon enough the Cameron's arrive. Sarah looks stunning as always and she makes her way to Kie and I.

"Look at us!" Sarah exclaims.

I greet her but then my eyes wonder over her shoulder and land on Rafe. He is chatting with Topper but his eyes finally meet mine. He smiles at me, which I return.

"Who are you looking at?" Sarah questions turning around to see.

Rafe quickly looks away to not be obvious.

"Nobody. Why don't we go get a drink?" I quickly suggest and pull them both along with me.

The party goes on and we are dancing and having a good time. I'm finally able to sneak away, just needing a few moments to breathe. I go to the front patio area, which is unoccupied. I lean over the railing and stare off into the night sky.

"You look beautiful." I hear a familiar raspy voice say behind me.

I turn around. Rafe looks amazing. He is wearing a light blue suit, almost the same color as my dress, which was not at all planned. His hair is slicked back, more so than usual.

 His hair is slicked back, more so than usual

"Not too bad yourself." I reply as I straighten his bow tie for him.

He scratches the back of his head, nervously, and then steps closer to me. His hands land on my waist and he starts to lean in but we are quickly cut off by the sound of yelling.

Having a bad feeling, I quickly follow the sound. It is coming from inside the building. I find JJ and a group of Kooks in the men's locker room. One guy is holding him back as Topper stands in front of him, looking like he's ready to throw a punch.

"Let him go!" I demand.

"Aww, you're dirty princess is here to save you." He says mockingly to JJ.

I step in-between Topper and JJ, but Topper quickly shoves me out of the way, making me fall on the floor.

"Hey, don't fucking touch her!" I hear Rafe shout as he comes over to help me up.

"Dude?" Topper questions and gives Rafe a confused look.

"4 on 1, really? Let him go." Rafe tells Topper.

The guy that was holding JJ back releases his hold. JJ grabs my hand and we run outside to where the party is still happening.

Everybody is now looking at us.

"Let's get the hell out of this Kook nest." JJ hollers at the group, grabbing Kie's hand, also. We all start hurrying away.

The guys from the locker room are now all outside, watching us.

"Later losers!" John B shouts.

"Boy, where the hell you think you're going?" I hear Pope's father yell after him.

I turn around and look at Rafe one last time before fading out into the night with my friends.