Part 30

*3rd person pov*

Rafe throws his truck in park after driving up the gravel driveway. He walks up to the all too familiar trailer and knocks. Barry opens the door and steps outside.

"County club!" Barry exclaims.

"Here's your money. I will have the rest I owe you next week." Rafe tells him and holds out a thick stack of bills.

"Damn, straight to the point, huh? I thought you just came to visit." Barry replies sarcastically. He takes the money from Rafe's hand. "But ya know I don't think next week is gonna work for me..."

"C'mon Barry-"

Rafe is cut off by Barry grabbing his wrist aggressively. "You got 48 hours to get me the rest of my fucking money." He threatens and releases his grip. "Otherwise I might just have to pay that pretty little blondie of yours a visit."

Rafe becomes immediately worried at the mention of Liv. "I'll get you your money, just leave her out of it."

"48 hours, country club." Barry warns as he walks back into his trailer.

Rafe heads back to his truck. "Fuck!" He yells and bangs his hands on the steering wheel in frustration before taking off. He still owed a good chunk of money. How was he going to get 3,000 dollars in 48 hours? He couldn't ask his dad for any more money so he goes to the one other place that comes to mind.

Rafe pulls up to his friend, Toppers house. He knocks on the door and the familiar blonde haired boy answers.

"Hey I gotta ask a favor." Rafe states nervously.

"What is it, man?"

"I gotta come up with 3 grand in the next 2 days."

"What the hell do you need 3 grand for?"

"I gotta pay Barry back. Look I know it's a lot to ask but I will pay back every penny."

Topper lets out a sigh. "I don't have that kind of money right now. Can't you ask your dad for a loan?"

Rafe mutters a 'fuck' under his breath. "That's not even an option."

"Well if you can get a little more time I get paid next week."

Rafe let's out a frustrated sigh, not knowing what to do next. He knew he had to come up with the money but he was running out of time.