Part 62

*4 months later*

"Alright, it's time to push!" A nurse loudly tells me as she slides on her surgical gloves.

"You got this, my love. Ready?" Rafe says from the side of the hospital bed as he holds onto my hand.

I shake my head yes and squeeze his hand tightly. I would be lying if I said I wasn't terrified right now, but I am so ready to meet our little boy. The doctor counts to 3 and I push, then again, and again. After what seems like forever, the sound of a newborn crying fills the room and a wave of relief washes over me.

"He's here." Rafe softly says as he kisses me on the forehead.

The doctor and nurses clean him off, weigh him, and finish all of the necessary checks before they wrap him in a little hospital blanket and lay him in my arms. Rafe has never left my side. He looks down at the both of us lovingly. I feel a happy tear start to form in my eyes as I look down at my son and then up at the love of my life. Rafe and I are able to enjoy some time, just the three of us, before we have any visitors. 

We get him dressed into a onesie that we picked out and carefully slide a beanie on his head.

Just as Rafe finishes wrapping him back up into a blanket the nurse comes in to check on us and to ask if we are ready for visitors, we agree

John B, Sarah, Kiara, Pope, and JJ all pile into the room first and gather around the hospital bed. John B and Sarah both look down at their nephew and the biggest smile appears on their faces.

"Everyone, I would like you to meet Owen Booker Cameron."

John B looks at my face and I can see a tear form in his eye. "Booker?" He asks quietly, just to confirm.

"Of course." I reply back to him quietly. I knew from the beginning that I somehow wanted to carry on my father and brothers name, so I'm glad he likes my choice.

Everyone takes turns holding the baby. Rafe is very protective and helps everyone hold him correctly. I convinced him to take a few new parenting classes with me a few months back and I'm glad he actually payed attention. He is already such an amazing father.

There's a knock at the door and in walks Ward, Rose, and Wheezie.

"Alright, where's my grandson?" Ward asks with a smile and walks over to Sarah, who is now holding him.

JJ, Kie, and Pope go back to the waiting room, as the hospital room was quickly growing more and more crowded. Everyone gets to visit with us and meet Owen. Eventually Topper comes too, carrying a gift bag, which contains a few outfits and a little pair of shoes. I thank him and he congratulates us. I'm so thankful his friends are starting to like me again, or at least pretending to like me, for Rafe's sake.

"Alright visiting hours are almost over." A nurse comes in to warn. We say our goodbyes to our closest family and friends.

I get to hold Owen again and Rafe sits at the end of the bed. My life feels so complete and I couldn't ask for anything more.