Part 28

"Looking good, Liv."

I turn around and am met with Marcus and the snarky grin on his face. I stand there in shock.

"What's wrong, Livvie?" He remarks and steps closer

"What's wrong, Livvie?" He remarks and steps closer. His hand touches my side and I jump back.

"Back off, man. She's taken." I hear Rafe warn. He has suddenly appeared back and is now stepping between us.

Marcus looks Rafe up and down, then chuckles. "Ya know, Liv, I wish I could say that I'm surprised that you're fucking a Kook, but money is tight, right?" He says to me, suggesting that I'm only with Rafe for his money.

"What's your fucking problem, man?" Rafe asks, raising his voice and pushing Marcus on the shoulders.

"Marcus, just leave us alone." I say back to him.

I see Rafe's jaw tighten and his hands clench into fists. Realization has set in when I say Marcus' name.

Without hesitation Rafe draws his fist back and punches Marcus square in the face. Marcus stumbles backwards but quickly regains balance and delivers a punch back in Rafe's direction. Rafe was quick to react and dodges the punch. They both start swinging at each other, I am pleading for them to stop. Topper tries to pull Rafe off but ends up getting elbowed in the stomach.

I quickly see JJ, Pope, and John B run over. They help Topper pull the two away from each other. Marcus stands and looks at Rafe for a moment. I see there are red marks on his face and bruises are already starting to form. There is blood running down from his nose. He lets out one last arrogant chuckle before John B and JJ push him away.

I run over to Rafe to check on him and he quickly pulls me into his chest. I pull away and take a look at his face, I'm not sure if Marcus actually even hit him once as there are no marks. I look down to his hands and see his knuckles are red and busted.

He sees the worry in my face, "I'm okay." He tries to assure me.

"I'm so sorry, Rafe. I didn't mean for any of this to happen."

...

I end up leaving with Rafe and we arrive back at the Cameron house. It is very late when we enter through the front door. There is no need to worry about waking anyone in the house as Rafe's dad and stepmother, Rose have traveled to their Bahama house for a few days on a business trip. They allowed Rafe and Sarah to stay behind as they are both over 18 but Wheezie went on the trip with them.

We stumble into Rafe's bedroom, both slightly buzzed but not drunk.

"Are you sure you're okay?" I ask for probably the fifth time since the fight with Marcus.

"Baby, I'm sure." He replies with a caring smile. "Now let's get you something comfortable to change into." He walks over to his dresser and pulls out one of his plain gray t-shirts and hands it to me.

I walk to his bathroom to change. I strip out of my outfit and throw his big shirt over my head, wearing nothing underneath. Rafe walks into the bathroom cheekily just as I'm getting the shirt pulled down.

"Damn, you look good in my clothes." He says with a wink. I let out a shy giggle, he is now standing in front of me, a hand on each side of my waist.

He leans down and connects our lips, the kiss gets deeper with each passing second. I feel his hands creep down to the back of my thighs. He suddenly lifts me up and places me down on the edge of the bathroom counter. I grind my hips against his and run my fingers through his hair. He lets out a small moan and lifts me up fully, I wrap my legs around him in response.

Rafe carries me out of the bathroom and gently lays me down on his bed. His hands slide underneath the t-shirt and I feel the warmth of his hands on my bare skin. One thing leads to another and all of my worries slip away in that moment.