Part 46

After sitting on the dock with John B for awhile I decide I'm ready to talk to JJ. I head into the house to find him and realize he is probably in his bedroom, considering the door is closed. I knock lightly and wait a moment but don't hear him say anything.

I knock again "J?"

"Come in." I hear him say from the other side of the door.

I open the door and see him laying on his back in his bed, tossing a tennis ball up in the air and catching it repeatedly. He doesn't even look in my direction.

"Can we talk?"

"I tried to talk to you earlier and you stormed off."

"Im sorry, J. I just needed to think." I tell him as I make my way to his bed and lay down next to him. He finally stops tossing the ball in the air and turns his attention towards me, waiting for me to continue. "Look, you're my best friend and I love you so much, like more than you will ever know. But Rafe makes me happy and he is the person that I want to be with. But I also don't want to lose you. You are my best friend, I don't know what I would do without you."

"Olivia Raine Routledge, you sure know how to break a guys heart." He says as he sits up. I can see the disappointment on his face. I sit up, also. "But if being just friends is what I have to do not to lose you then I will learn to accept that." He finishes his sentence and finally smiles at me. It has been far too long since I've seen his smile, and it makes my heart happy to see it again.

He pulls my body into his chest, hugging me tightly. "Now go put your damn bracelet back on." He demands playfully, making me giggle.

I wiggle out of his grasp and skip into my bedroom to retrieve the bracelet from my dresser.

"And I still don't like your kooky ass boyfriend!" He shouts from the other room.

I roll my eyes and suppress a laugh, "shut up, Maybank!"