Comfort

With a weak and relieved smile, you found the strength to speak. "Hi."

"Here, take this," Dolores said softly, handing you a cup of coffee. "I know it's the middle of the night, but, something to warm you up." She smiled as she placed her hand on your shoulder, straightening out the blanket she had draped over you.

You shifted in the chair you were sitting in, cocooning Gabriel in your lap and making sure he was secure in the blanket. Once you were inside the casa, he was fast asleep.

"Thanks, Dolores," you said with sincerity, taking a small sip.

"No, thank you," she said, flipping your thanks into hers. "Ever since you, my little brother and cousin have been on your investigations, I've been trying to help from here," she explained. 

"I haven't been able to hear anything interesting other than the tip-toeing of flirty teenagers," she said with a squeak and a shrug of her shoulders.

Your face flushed as you promptly took another sip of the coffee, hiding your pink cheeks. 

"But, thanks to tonight, I finally have some verbal confirmation," she added.

"Wait," you interjected, "didn't you get Camilo and Mirabel grounded, and along with that, end up telling the whole family about the vision? How was that helping?"

"Oh." Dolores looked at you with a wide-eyed expression and blinked. "Yeah, that wasn't part of my plan. It's hard keeping a secret when you know everything," she tried defending herself. "It slips out!"

"Right," you said through a short chuckle. You hadn't had too many chances to interact one-on-one with her, but here she was, welcoming you with open arms. You just hoped the others would be so understanding.

"Y/N?"

You heard a bubbly voice walking towards you with footsteps that were quick and concerned.

"Mirabel," you gently called out, craning your neck to see her.

"What are you doing here?" Mirabel reached your side, wrapping an arm around your shoulders. She noticed Gabriel as she got closer.

"Is something wrong?" She panicked.

"No, Mirabel, everything's fine," you tried to reassure her.

"Well, not exactly," Dolores jumped in, raising an eyebrow.

You sighed. "Okay, yes, not exactly, but I just need a minute to collect my thoughts. I'll get out of your hair soon."

"Out of our hair?" Mirabel said, urgency seeping back into her voice. "Do you need a place to stay? You can always stay with us, Y/N."

Your gaze fell in front of you, a grin finding its way to your lips. You loved that Mirabel cared so much, but you were so tired. You didn't know how to respond to her sense of panic.

You were glad Dolores could simply hear everything. It was one less person you had to explain yourself to.

"Is he in too much trouble?" You turned to Dolores, gesturing to the rain outside.

She sucked in her lips and gave a tight nod. "Camilo is on his own with mamá now."

You chuckled, taking the last sip of your coffee.

"She's just worried, given the circumstances," she added. "We all are. We don't want anybody getting hurt," she said, putting her hand out towards you. "That includes you."

You returned her a soft smile before you heard the confused voice of Abuela Alma creep up from behind.

"What is going on?"