At Least

Fight won!

Maybe it was determination, maybe it was pride. No matter what it was, something inside of your wilting consciousness whispered to you - called out to you.

It told you to get up. It told you that you couldn't go down like this, at least not without a fight.

You battled against your spinning head and feeble knees, managing to keep yourself stable as you practically charged towards your mother, a burning rage seeping from your eyes.

"Y/N, what are you-" Camilo's concern in his voice raised as the situation seemed to get more fast-paced with every step you took.

Before you, or anyone else knew it, you had your hand swinging forward, the target being your mother. She flew backwards as your fist struck her, letting out a short and surprised whimper as she held the side of her face with her hands.

She slowly turned her head back around to confront her eyes to yours, the slightest trickle of blood running down her pointer finger that she held underneath her nose.

Oh, how you hated her. You hated your mother for what she had done - for what she was doing. You hated that she stood for your father. And while you blamed most of this on him, you couldn't help but hate your mother even more for being his walking trophy. This constant reminder that you cannot trust the people who were meant to love you most.

The anger crackled and burned inside of you, a flame igniting in your heart that only grew. You hated her. You hated your father. You couldn't take it anymore.

Your mind was not able to comprehend how much built up anger had been simmering, but you understood it enough to know what you wanted.

Another swing.

Your mother had barely looked at you from the first hit, but seeing her cold blood run down her finger was enough to want to see more. It was as if you were a vampire on a bloodlust.

You tried to get in one last pounce in, but to your dismay, you lost balance instead. Your body couldn't take much more of this. You fell backwards as the weight in your feet shifted, Camilo swiftly diving towards you to interrupt your fall.

You knew you weren't going to get very far before the men that surrounded you quickly closed in, especially in your state, but that didn't bother you. You got to see your mother pay for what she's done, no matter how small. That was enough for you.

For now.

"Y/N," Camilo said panicked as he held you close to him on the ground once more. 

He hovered over you, placing as long of a kiss as he could onto your lips before getting torn apart from one another.

You let yourself get lost in the short moment before you felt yourself get pulled up to your feet from behind. You watched as Camilo resisted his kidnapping, kicking and flailing as he got pulled away in the opposite direction

You felt your heart ache as you locked eyes with him, the two of you getting slammed against wagons to be re-tied.

In the motion of the hard and forceful crash, the knife you took from Benjamín's stash fell onto the ground below you. Your face fell cold as you watched them confiscate it, the bounds on your wrists tightening.

You sighed hard as they put a bag over your head once again, but you let out a chuckle as you continued to think.

You couldn't believe you had been through so much in order to find an ounce of gratefulness in this situation, but here you were - here you were, chuckling over one thing...

At least they didn't knock you out this time.