Chapter 10

Hinata's POV

After 2 days, they released me and the babies will stay with them for a few more days.

During the day, I will practice for the upcoming nationals. When the practice are finsihed at the afternoon I will immediately go to the hospital and feed the babies. When I'm not around, mom or Natsu will make their milk for the babies so they wouldn't be hungry even when I'm not with them most of the time. My mom is the one who takes care of them for the whole day, she said that I can concentrate first at the nationals.

When I got home, I will fix my room that will also be the babies room, all are set now, the crib and even the soft carpet I just bought. Then after, I will make dinner for both Natsu and I. My mom is eating at the Hospital's cafeteria.

-$-
10 days later

The bus is here, we will now go to Tokyo.

We arrived at the inn where we are staying. We will have a short meeting for the first match tomorrow and then we can go to sleep after.

The babies are now at home and I'm so grateful at my mom because she understands my situation right now and I promised her that I will take care of them once I got home.

-$-

First day of the nationals, it was tough but we won.

Second day was against the Miya brothers, it was a close fight but we will be the one advancing at the third day.

After the match, Miya Atsumu declared that someday he will toss to me.

The second day was very tiring especially that the Miya brothers are one of the top candidates to win the national this year.

The anticipated third day, the Battle of the Garbage Dump will become a reality.

Kenma, for the first time, became very engrossed at the match that he didn't even care if he's already tired

All of us were tired but at the last set, the setter Kenma was ready to set the ball but it slipped at his hand causing us to have the last point and win the match.

It was tough but enjoyable.

But little did we know, the third day in the nationals is called the hell day.

There will be 2 matches at that day unlike the first, second, and the other days.

We will face the team of Korai, one of the most impressive players at the national.

We were having a hard time because we're tired but we needed to fight.

The third and last set, I collapsed. My team immediately called for time out.

When I was at the bech Kageyama suddenly spoked.

"Maybe he got a fever."

Takeda-sensei, Coach Ukai, and the others are shock. Takeda-sensei put his hand at my forehead and he realized that I was burning, they took my temperature and it's 39.1 degree Celsius.

They were all shocked and they couldn't imagine that I will have a fever and they needed to pull me out at the match.

I pleaded them that I can still play, I was now crying.

"Hinata, height is a weapon at volleyball and you lack at that aspect taht is why you rely on your skills, a man like you should always fight at their best and you should know when to rest." Takeda-sensei said amd he said a lot more words that can make me feel better.

"Hinata!" Daichi-senpai called.

"It is true that it's a big loss without you at the court, but get a proper rest and come back!"

"Yeah!" I was now crying as Yamaguchi escorted me out.

A lot of people are murmuring because this is a crucial part and they're pulling me out.

"Hinata!" I looked back and it was Korai that called me.

"I will wait for you!"

"Yes!" I bowed then went at the clinic.

-$-

We lost the match.

-$-

Coach Ukai sent me personally my dinner and he said that we fought hard and we fought good.

I was at the verge of tears and after his statement, I cried really hard.

-$-

We went home devastated, after I saw my babies, I'm now smiling.

They're my safe haven.

After staring at them and hoping for them to heal my devastated heart Miyouko cried, I carried him, swayed him and sang a lullaby. He giggled then he's trying to reach my face. I leaned and let him touch my face after that, he fell asleep again. I tucked him and went to the bathroom to take a long relaxing bath.

-$-

"I would like to continue with beach volleyball!"

"Huh?!"

Coach Ukai doesn't know if I'm serious or not. But I already decided, I would like to try beach volleyball after graduation.

-$-

Our senpais graduated, we became second years.

We lost at Date Tech and it's their first national after so many years.

We won the tournament after that and we came up short with the play against Miya brothers.

At our last year, Yamaguchi became the team captain and we were in third place in the whole country.

My babies are now 2 years old and if the senpais have time, they will visit me and play with the babies, they are also teaching them volleyball with the small ball they bought the day before I gave birth to them.

-$-

tbc.

-$-

I didn't plan to spoil you if you're not a manga reader. I also cried my heart out when they lost and when Hinata was pulled out especially the words Takeda-sensei told him, the words are not entirely correct but it is the gist of it so please understand. Thank you!

Hinata's crying face is so heart breaking 💔