Chapter 23

Hinata's POV

We are now in our respective positions.

The ace I was talking about will be the one to serve and he's in our team.

It went pretty well but of course there is Korai-san. He received it perfectly towards Kageyama.

Kageyama tossed it to one of the students.

"Outside!" I shouted.

And as I predicted it was outside.

"I'M SO SORRY!"

We all looked at the other team's direction.

(⊙_◎)

Kageyama just patted his back and the student seems delighted.

But what the heck?! Kageyama patting someone?! Pffftt...

-$-

24-23 in favor for Kageyama's team.

We got the first set but the defense is not that effective now especially I'm in front. I'll just give my trust at my teammates.

As soon as the whistle goes off, Kageyama tossed the ball then spike it. Ugh. He spiked it with a lot of power. The ball is going towards Ushijima-san, when I saw him spacing out, I tried to catch up and receive the ball but it's late and the set goes to the opposing team.

What the heck is he doing now?!

During our 5 minutes break, I am fuming. I'm fucking pissed.

I couldn't contain it anymore!

"Hey!"

Ushijima-san and our other members looked at me but I don't care.

"You could have receive it!"

"My bad."

"'My bad' my ass! This is still a game! Why are you spacing out?!"

I saw it as he clenched his jaw. Great! Is he pissed now?

"Why don't you answer me huh?"

"H-Hey, stop it Hinata. Let him off the hook." Yamaguchi persuaded but I needed to vent out my frustrations.

"I told you my bad. Can you just let it pass?"

"Let it pass?!"

How could he say that! Don't tell me it's because this is not an official game so he doesn't feel any obligation to get serious?!

With that thought, I became more irritated.

Inhale. Exhale.

He's really pissing me off but I couldn't let it affect our teamwork, Yamaguchi is right. I can let it pass and if it repeat itself I'll just kill this fucker myself.

I faced our groupmates and I told them the most effective strategy to win back the last set. I also gave my comments at the areas they needed to improve.

When I finsihed discussing the strategies, Yamaguchi approach thebpinch server and cheered him. He's also telling him stories about what he went through when we were in High School.

After the break, the signal was given to start the last set.

"Karasuno, fight!"

"Yeah!"

-$-

We stopped the game having the score 36-36, if one score's the other will also score. Coach Ukai decided that it's a tie; Kageyama and I tried to argue that we would like to continue but the students are beat. Good thing that Ushijima-san didn't spaced out in the last set.