6: Fate

It hadn't even been a second since he had opened the door when the Kim Alpha roughly grabbed Jungkooks arm and flung him away smashing the door shut only to notice it wouldn't close.
The lock was broken.
Jungkook had broken it when he bashed against the door to get it open.
The Kim Alpha's eyes were a deadly shade of bright red that made Jungkook feel as though he was drowning in a pool of blood. Snapping out of the trance he bowed and apologised with all the sincerity he could in his voice.
I'm not sorry you horrid man, I know you've done something terrible with Taehyung.

***
Two months later.
***

It was pouring heavily with rain outside.
Taehyung was crying a river.
He was crouched on his floor against the wall, weaker than ever. Every time he tried to move on, he was always bombarded with the image of Chaerin.
Two months ago, on one of the days he was beaten, someone had attempted to break into the room he was trapped in. He didn't know the truth, he wasn't conscious when it had happened, but everyone claimed Chaerin had tried to break him out and free him. As soon as the Jeon family had left she was, killed.

Taehyung couldn't help but feel it was all his fault. If he hadn't misbehaved that night, he might have prevented his injuries and most of all, the death of a person with the biggest heart, someone who he admired so much. His parents never truly considered the omega their son, so Taehyung's life lacked a parental figure, until Chaerin came along. Taehyung knew she couldn't have been too much older than him, she was a beta and had been forced to serve the palace to earn for her family struggling financially. He had seen her weep, clutching onto a framed photo of her parents. He never had a chance to understand the kind of attachment she had with them, since his with his own parents was nothing, but he still felt sympathy. She was the only one who understood him, who let him speak and open up to someone... now she was gone.
He was alone.
Seokjin had been married to Namjoon a few weeks ago, Taehyung never got to attend the wedding. But Jin finally got to meet Taehyung in privacy before leaving. He gave the omega a warm hug and promised him he would help him soon. Taehyung was confused at the sudden warmth, but he embraced it. The only happiness that he could cling on to now.

"Taehyung mother wants you."
Jisung.
Taehyung's shifted his eyes up slightly then closed them.
I have to stay calm to think properly.
He nodded and pulled himself off the ground, following after his brother. His eyes were still wet, and if mother saw him this way... he quickly pulled the sleeve of his shirt over his palm and wiped as much of the tears away as he could.
The Alpha lady was seated elegantly on her couch, staring at her nails. She kept biting her lip, Taehyung knew she was in deep thought. As soon as he was before her he went onto his knees and bowed. She loved seeing it. The sight of the pathetic omega at her mercy. It seemed as though the fact that he had been in her womb for nine months was long forgotten.
"Taehyung, you may lift your head."
He did as he was told.
"I have a few matters to discuss with you, come here my boy."
'my boy'? She's never called me that before.
"You see, your father and I have come to realise that we aren't happy with your existence, much like I'm sure you feel yourself."
The bitterness in her words was sharper than a blade.
"So, although it's much more than you deserve, we have come to present you with some choices.
One, you kill yourself.
Two, one of our soldiers will kill you.
Three, you marry the youngest son of the Jeon family."
She gritted her teeth at the third option. She wanted that position to belong to Jisung, however the Jeon Alpha and the Kim Alpha had agreed for Taehung to be wed to The you what Jeon alpha. She had no right to disagree under her husbands rules.
Taehuyng was stunned. He was so unsure on what to do, everything would be so much easier for everyone if he ended his life, he knew that. He didn't even come to consider the third option as he couldn't stop himself from the hurt he felt pierce into his heart. He knew he meant nothing to his mother, but hearing it always pained him. And at that moment he strip himself from all his thoughts and feelings.
I know I'm a burden to this world. Perhaps if mother chooses for me she may forgive me for having inconvenienced her my whole life.

"I will do as you say, mother"

She had a feeling it was coming. If she had the choice she would've told him to go for the first option, but she knew that the third one was the one his husband would appreciate the most.

"Marry the son of the Jeon family."

The omega was shocked and also a bit relieved. But what followed next broke him.

She pulled him by his hair and leaned in towards him,
"You are mistaken. This is a kind act from the Jeon Alpha on deciding to accept you for the filthy little thing you are. No one else would want you, so he will take you away for us to hold our alpha pride again that was stained by you and force his son to be with you. Everyone knows you're an omega. I witnessed the disgust with my own two eyes when they found out, and if you ever forget your place I won't hesitate to be the one to kill you. I've never considered you anything more than a waste of space my boy, so whatever the Jeon family have in stock for you is nothing to me. Ha if telnet decide on killing you saves me a headache" She glared at him mockingly with nothing but pure evil in her expression, biting at Taehyung's heart.
He felt like an empty vessel. Now that they knew he was an omega, he knew he would never be given any more value than he was now.
To die or to blindly fall in to the cruel fate of the stars. Which seemed fitter, he couldn't tell.

A/n: omg guys I got 67 reads i acc did a little happy dance when I saw! Thank you for voting and reading and I hope you're enjoying the story. The next few chapters will be fun I promise ;)
I'm not a professional writer I just wanted to do this story for fun aside from my studies, so I apologise for the lack of vocab and any mistakes ;/