18: A mess

It was early morning, the sun was painting the sky with pastels of pink, orange and yellow. Taehyung yawned as he opened his eyes, his head on Jungkook's chest. He smiled whilst blushing at the thought of their night; he belonged to someone who he knew would protect him and take care of him. He winced as he got up at the pain in his behind.

He rubbed his eyes and flicked the hair on the back of his head, then turned around to face Jungkook -?

"Aaaaaahhhhh!"

His heart jumped in fear.

Taehyung was horrified at Jungkook's state.

His raven hair was all dishevelled, dark eye patches, his expression blank and frozen, all as though he hadn't even slept at all during the night. He was sitting up slightly against the headboard of the bed.
Taehyung worried whether he was actually breathing or not.

"J-Jungkook? Are you okay?" He reached out to softly caress the elder's cheek but Jungkook suddenly flinched at Taehyung's touch, eyes widening.

"Ah, y-yes I'm fine. E-excuse me." With that he rushed to the bathroom to get dressed.

Taehyung was left on the bed in confusion as he worried endlessly about why Jungkook was acting so strange.

I don't think I did anything weird, did I ?

***

Jungkook gulped as the flashback kept playing over and over in his head. His hand went to the chest where Taehyung had pushed him down, hell it ached!
He saw his reflection and almost screamed himself; no wonder he'd scared Taehyung, he looked like a ghost.

Turning on the fresh cold water he tried to wash the sleep away.

What on earth is Taehyung! He's apparently not an alpha, but then he's way too strong to be a beta. An omega... perhaps but they're meant to be even weaker than a beta. What the fuck this is messing up my mind so bad.

***

Jungkook frantically wondered about the palace in search of Jin hyung, and when he finally caught sight of him he leapt onto the elder.
Shaking him vigorously by the shoulders he questioned,

"Jin hyung, what is Taehyung?" His voice was struggling to come out.

"Haha Jungkook do you see how you look, it like you haven't even slept ha. And your neck - oh no hold on! Hey, Jungkook that looks like an alpha bite!"

Jungkook opened his mouth to speak but was instantly cut off. This time he was being shaken vigorously.

"Jungkook I swear to God if you cheated on Taehyung I won't forgive you! And if I find that alpha IMMA KILL HIM AND BREAK YOUR BOND!!!!"

Jungkook sighed,
"No, do you really think that lowly of me, why would ever cheat on such an angel. Actually I'm doubting he's an angel now hyung Taehyung's soooo strong! How is it possible!? And this bite, it was Taehyung, TAEHYUNG!"

"What! How the hell could Taehyung have done that, there are clearly fang marks, and he's not an alpha!"

"EXACTLY! I COULDNT SLEEP THE WHOLE NIGHT!" He forced his eyes open as he was extremely tired.

"O-oh.
Don't worry, just be normal. I'll investigate more on this."
He laughed as he saw the perplexed expression on the younger's face.
"You should probably get some rest, Namjoon and I will keep Taehyung company okay?"

"O-okay..."

Jin watched Jungkook walk away back to his room.
He was more than shocked at what he'd just found out. He was deeply glad that the two were mated now, but if Taehyung truly was as strong as Jungkook claimed, why would their parents have hidden him and treated him so terribly. There was definitely something odd going on, and he had a feeling the answer lied in the Kim Palace. Getting the truth out of them would be like plunging deep into the depths of an ocean and hoping to survive.