(redo) 6~ Fate

It hadn't even been a second since he had opened the door when the Kim Alpha roughly grabbed Jungkooks arm and flung him away smashing the door shut, only to notice it wouldn't close.

The lock was broken.

Jungkook had broken it when hed bashed against the door to get it open.

The Kim Alpha's eyes were a deadly shade of bright red that made Jungkook feel as though he was drowning in a pool of blood. Snapping out of the trance he bowed and apologised with all the fake sincerity he could in his voice.

"Is everything alright Jungkook? May I escort you down to your parents." The Kim Alpha asked.

"Y-yes everything's fine, I was just looking for Taehyung."

"T-taehyung? Oh well he must be asleep right now, he's been quite poorly over the last few days."

"Oh, I hope he has a speedy recovery. I'll be on my way."

I know you've done something terrible with Taehyung. What should I do?

***
Two months later.
***

"Taehyung mother wants you."
Jisung.
Taehyung's shifted his eyes up slightly then closed them.

His hands clenched into fists

It wasn't fair.
Nothing about this was fair.
Getting punished for his mistakes was something he never questioned, but someone else facing a consequence because of him broke his heart mind and soul.
It wasn't right.

Taehyung couldn't help but feel it was all his fault.

If he hadn't misbehaved that night, he might have prevented his injuries and most of all, the death of a person with the biggest heart, someone who he admired so much.
His parents never truly considered the omega their son, so Taehyung's life lacked a parental figure, until Chaerin came along.
Taehyung knew she couldn't have been too much older than him, she was a beta and had been forced to serve the palace to earn for her family struggling financially. He had seen her weep, clutching onto a framed photo of her parents. He never had a chance to understand the kind of attachment she had with them, since his with his own parents was nothing, but he still felt sympathy.
She was the only one who understood him, who let him speak and open up to someone... now she was gone.

He was alone.

Seokjin had been married to Namjoon a few weeks ago, Taehyung never got to attend the wedding. But Jin finally got to meet Taehyung in privacy before leaving. He gave the omega a warm hug and promised him he would help him soon. Taehyung was confused at the sudden warmth, but he embraced it. The only happiness that he could cling on to now.

I have to stay calm to think properly.

He nodded and pulled himself off the ground, following after his brother. His eyes were still wet from the tears that soaked them, and if mother saw him this way...
he quickly pulled the sleeve of his shirt over his palm and wiped as much of the tears away as he could.

The Alpha lady was seated elegantly on her couch, staring at her nails. She kept biting her lip, Taehyung knew she was in deep thought. As soon as he was before her he went onto his knees and bowed.
She loved seeing it.
The sight of the pathetic omega at her mercy.
It seemed as though the fact that he had been in her womb for nine months was long forgotten.

"Taehyung, you may lift your head."

He did as he was told.

"I have a few matters to discuss with you, come here my boy."

'my boy'? She's never called me that before. This can't mean any good.

"You see, your father and I have come to realise that we aren't happy with your existence, much like I'm sure you feel yourself."
The bitterness in her words was sharper than a blade.
"Your father won't seem to agree with me. You see, I want Jisung to marry the Jeon Alpha's second son, but your father wants... wants it to be you."

Taehyungs eyes widened at this. There's no doubt that he would be so happy if this was true, but his father choosing him over Jisung was too sweet, he couldn't tell where the bitterness lies. He just remained silent with a blank face; he was an expert at concealing his emotions.

"Taehyung, I've never wanted anything so badly as I do now, so in return for all we've given you, do us, do me, a favour?"
There was urgency in her tone, a desperation that Taehyung wasn't sure what to think of.

"W-what may it be?" He asked almost inaudible.

"Die."
Blatant words, a request he'd never imagined he'd hear directly from her mouth, but here he was, and this was reality.
Taehyung was speechless. He wasn't sure what to say, how to react, how to feel.

"You will for me honey, won't you. Let your brother take your place inside my dear."

"..."

Taehuyng was stunned. He was so unsure on what to do, everything would be so much easier for everyone if he ended his life, he knew that but he couldn't stop himself from the hurt he felt pierce into his heart. He knew he meant nothing to his mother, but hearing it always pained him. And at that moment he strip himself from all his thoughts and feelings.

I know I'm a burden to this world. Perhaps if I do die, she may forgive me for having inconvenienced her my whole life.

"I will do as you say, mother"

With a smirk clearly displayed on her face, she pulled him by his hair and leaned in towards him,

"Tomorrow, night. I'll leave a sword in your room, if you dare let a single word about this slip out your time will come to an end much sooner. Just remember, you're only a filthy little omega, too bad there's none left that could show you what it means to be one. Your life is rightfully in our hands, an alpha commands over an omega, so the fact that I'm stopping so low as to request this as a favour from you is pure kindness."
She glared at him mockingly with nothing but pure evil in her expression, biting at Taehyung's heart.

He felt like an empty vessel.

To know that even your own mother wanted you dead by tomorrow, what are you supposed to feel?