24: Suspicions

"Oh,"

"Oh? That's your reaction to being called one of the most powerful beings ever! Don't you understand how rare you are! I bet you're like one in a zillion!" Miyeon exclaimed.

Miyeon and Jin decided it was best to tell Taehyung about their suspicions of him being an ultimate omega. Half of it was curiosity but half of it was trying to divert Taehyung's thoughts.
He wouldn't stop blaming himself for all that was happening.

"You know you could've just asked me instead trying to do everything secretly. It would've made things a lot easier. Let me see the page."

Jin handed Taehyung the page they'd found from the book. After a few seconds of study he handed it back.

"Look." Taehyung showed them his wrist, and surely enough just as it said there was a very faint and small but still visible birthmark resembling a flower.

"Wow, seeing it in person is really amazing."

"Yeah an omega can't just mark their alpha mate the way you did! Only an ultimate omega can!"

"Oh I thought it was normal for both to mark each other. I suppose it is quite interesting finding out more about myself but all this doesn't change anything. I'm still labelled an omega, no matter what comes in front!"

"Yah Taehyung don't be so pessimistic all the time."

"I don't get it Jin Hyung, how are you not freaking out right now! Aren't you worried for Namjoon hyung!"

"Taehyung calm down. Of course I'm worried sick! But there's no point making myself vulnerable and weak when I could stay strong and help. Besides I know Namjoon will be fine." He smiled towards the omega. Miyeon nodded.

"He's right Taehyung. I may not be Jungkook's birth mother but for sure I can confidently state that both my sons are very strong. They'll be fine."

"Wait you're not his birth mother?!" The two Kim brothers asked in unison.

"Oof I haven't told you have I yet. But yes, Jungkook is... you could say-"

"He is the child of my first wife."

They all stood up immediately and bowed towards the Jeon Alpha who had appeared.

"Taehyung, may I have a word with you."
Taehyung, though a bit weary of the sudden request, politely nodded and followed the alpha out of the room.

"Take a seat."

They were in the hall now, it was eerily empty and his voice echoed. Taehyung sat himself down, ensuring to keep his gaze low.
The Jeon Alpha walked to the doors and chained them closed. His face was unreadable, and Taehyung stiffened unaware of what was wrong.
He noticed the glint of the light reflecting off a small dagger placed safely in the Alpha's belt.
He gulped.

"Kim Taehyung." The alpha's voice was stern and full of superiority, Taehyung couldn't help but shudder.
"Why were you sent here?"

"P-pardon?"

"What is your purpose of being here!?"

"I-I don't know what you mean-"

"Come on Taehyung you're a good man, don't make me resort to other ways of getting this truth out of you."

What does he mean my purpose?

"I-I'm here b-because Jungkook saved me."

"Ugh why must things always end this way." He whipped his dagger out and shot it straight at the wall above Taehyungs head.
Taehyung began crying in fear.

"TELL ME NOW! WHAT DOES THAT KIM ALPHA WANT FROM US?!!!"

"I-I don't know" he quietly let out, cowering.

***

"Mother is calming him down don't worry. It's just that this kingdom's under threat and he assumed things, but trust me I'll be sure to fix any misunderstandings he has of you... Taehyung?"

"This is all my fault." He mumbled, and he ran to his room before Jin could stop him.

Everything was falling apart.

I can't let this go on. If the way to stop all this is truly me going to f-father again then so be it. I've had more happiness and love than I've ever deserved to last me the rest of the time I have to live. I won't forget everyone.

- after midnight-

Taehyung tiptoed our onto the back gardens of the palace. He just realised he hadn't properly thought things through. He knew exactly what he wanted to do when he got there, but knew not how to get there.

It struck him.
Jimin! Jimin hyung!!!!

The best place to look for Jimin was the palace infirmary.

Trying to avoid being suspicious as much as possible, Taehyung walked down to the infirmary. Countless maids asked if everything was alright and if he needed anything but he just politely refused.

Upon reaching the infirmary he was once again questioned if everything was alright.

"Yes, everything is fine. I would like to speak to Park Jimin."

"Yes your highness please wait here."

Out came a fluffy pink haired man rubbing his eyes with a swollen face, clearly he'd been disturbed from his sleep.

"Taehyung? I-I mean young prince, why are you here?"

"Are you faking it?"

"Faking wha-oh." Jimin looked about. " yeah" he whispered.

"I need you to take me somewhere."

"This time? Where?"

"The Kim Palace."

"Alright." He whined.

"Ah that was easier than expected, thank you I'll wait outside."

"Hmm-   Wait, the Kim Palace?!"

I hope it's not too rushed with what's going on! I'm trying to finish this quickly now ;') thank you for reading and all the lovely comments and votes 💜💜💜