(redo) 1~ A little hope

{this story is meant to be set kinda in the old days so like no phones and stuff but language is modern lol}

Disagreements can be catastrophic, and a single conflicting opinion between two families led to the division of an entire kingdom into two; the kingdom of Euphoria, which the Jeon family ruled and the kingdom of Faarland, which the Kim family ruled.

Over centuries a hatred was maintained until the current Kim and Jeon alphas decided to mend this ongoing tension between the two kingdoms for the better of their people, and though neither could trust the other, they had a mutual friendship that was enough to prevent conflict and war. Conditions were set which included that the two sons of the Jeon Alpha must marry two sons of the Kim Alpha.

The Kim family's magnified pride was based on how their children always turned out to be true blood alphas that were exceptionally stronger and mature comparing to a regular true blood. But along with all this power; they possessed greed and selfishness, that was reflected in their treatment of their people.

For generations upon generations the population of alphas had been increasing in both women and men, whilst the omega population had been dramatically dropping. The omega are so scarce, so much to the point that the beta population have been given the roles of an omega within the society of childbirth and submissiveness.
The cruel reality of the society is that rank is all that is looked upon when a person is presented. The alpha are given endless benefits whilst most beta suffer the pain the omega population would have been going through. Therefore one would think that an omega would be a treasure, since they were so rare.
If only the Kim family took it that way.

Kim Taehyung was the youngest of his two elder brothers, both true blood alphas, however he was not.
He was cursed with the title of an omega.
At his birth, his Father was so disgusted he threatened to have the baby killed right there and then, but after some discussions it was decided that his existence would not be presented, if at any occasion he was to be shown to the world he'd be disguised as an alpha.

Ever since he was young Taehyung constantly bared the beatings of his father to ensure he was painfully aware of his place in society and of what he was worth. His mother was no better, her words were sharper than blades. She was a cruel lady, most of which was influenced by the mindset of the husband she was married too. It was as though she had been stripped of all humanity, for all but her two precious alpha sons for whom she would sacrifice her life for. If only they realised the true value of their beautiful son.

* Present Day *
Taehyung woke to the panicked sounds of chatter downstairs. The sun was still painting the sky with soft yellows and reds. He smiled as he leaned on the ledge of his window, breathing in the fresh air and trying to conceal all the pain that heaved his heart within.
Hope was a word foreign to him now, it had been made clear the hard way. All he could do was accept reality and continue surviving at the mercy of his elders. Little did he know today was a big day.
The omega gently brushed of the covers of his bed and covered it with the duvet. He plumped up the pillows and rested them against the headboard of the bed, silently waiting for his instructions to be given. He calmed himself down, finding his inner peac....

'Yaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhh!'

Ah shit that scared me, he jumped at the screams that could be heard from below. Taehyung put an ear to the door to hear what was going on.
The voice belonged to his mother,
'Boys I want you on your best behaviour, understand, if you dare to show any type of submissiveness I swear I'll chop off your heads!!'

But before he could hear anymore a servant's footsteps could be heard. He sprinted to his window casually staring into nothing, waiting for his instructions.
The door creaked open and Taehyung turned around only to sigh in relief when he realised it was a rather familiar beta, Chaerin.
He noticed her unusually wide smile, then what was in her hands; a beautifully tailored silk shirt. He raised his eyebrow in confusion.

"Taehyung, lets have a seat together" she smiled willing for the latter to take a seat next to her on the bed. She laid out the clothes in front of him and began,
"Today the Jeon family will be visiting but guess what!"

"Wha.."

"GUESS WHAT"

Argh I swear if this family doesnt manage to kill me, her enthusiasm sure will.
"Ugh Chaerin noona my ears," taehyung pouts.

"Ah sorry, ha getting ahead of myself there.. anyway the Jeon family is coming -"

"I've heard that already, I know they're coming but they've also been here numerous times before, why the big deal?"

"Taehyung my darling you don't understand, one of their sons is here to make things official with your eldest brother Jin!"

He sighed at the disappointment of her news.

"Come on! That's it! Well I suppose I'm happy for my brother, but why am I being told to get dressed too?"

"Who said these clothes were for you?" She burst into a fit of laughter as she saw the perplexed expression of the younger.
"Haha, sorry I just had to -ha - um anyway" recollecting herself, "These are for you.
All jokes aside Taehyung, the reason I'm so excited is because you have a chance of escaping. The Jeon family was always aware that the Kim Alpha had three sons but they'd never requested to see you till today, which means there must be a reason. You have to impress them Taehyung, and they may even take you as the husband of their youngest son. Word has it he's quite a handsome young alpha himself."

Taehyung's face lit up in happiness. He couldn't believe what he had heard and he suddenly felt an urge of hopefulness streaming through him, but he contained himself only snapping back to reality.
"But they'd never let me, did you forget about Jisung hyung?"

The other sighed.

"I really do appreciate the hope you've given me noona, but I don't want to lead myself into a trap. I know if I become hopeful I'll only come down harder than before, and I don't know if I can take it."

Chaerin smiled softly, hiding the pain she felt from hearing the other's words.

"Don't worry Taehyung, suffering will always come to an end, especially for an innocent little angel like you. Now hurry on and get dressed. I'll try and sneak you some berries for breakfast." She winked as she got up and left the room upon hearing her name being called downstairs.

Taehyung smiled at the affection he was given from Chaerin, grateful for everything she tried to do for him. But deep down he knew he wasn't worth all of this, he wasn't worth the expensive silk clothing laid out in front of him. He was an omega after all, and nothing would change the fact that he amounted to nothing.
It seemed as though everyone made sure to rub it into to him, so how would his life be any better in a different kingdom.
Nothing would change his rank.

First chapter done hehe I hope you enjoyed reading this and have a wonderful day I love you!! 💜💜💜