10: Better

Ah shit it hurts!
Taehyung jerked as he felt a sharp sting shoot up his left side. His head was pounding constantly, and his entire body felt hollow and numb. He tried to rest himself up against the bed.
"Ugh,"
***
"So you're awake"
Taehyung's actions came to a halt as he heard a slightly high pitched voice but he was sure it was a man. He looked about it notice a young man with a white pair of pyjamas sitting on the bed adjacent to him. That's when he realised where he was. The omega scanned the entire room that seemed endless in all directions with hundreds of beds for... patients?

Ah, I must be in the infirmary.

"I have to say I was quite excited to meet you. Jungkook's been going on and on about you to the point where it got quite irritating, but now I see why." He chuckled to himself.

"S,sorry who are you?"

"Ah my apologies your highness, I am Park Jimin, one of the soldiers of this kingdom, and also a good friend of Jungkook's" he smiled at the omega brightly with his plump lips. Taehyung found himself returning the smile then he propped himself up properly against the bed, falling into an abyss of deep thought.
His mind was a tangle of confusion.

I remember being with Jungkook last night, how did I end up here? Where has he gone? This is the infirmary, right? Who is that strange soldier, I wonder what rank he is. Ah fuck my stomach huuuurrrts! Wait, when I'm better will they send me back! I can't go back! No! I won't! I'll do everything I can to stay!
***
"OI WHY DAFUQ YOU SO QUIET! I NEED COMPANY THICKO!"

Taehyung jumped at the sudden outburst from the other, and furrowed his eyebrows.

"Why, am I not allowed to think!?" Had he have been in his true state of mind he wouldn't have ever imagined speaking so openly to anyone, let alone a stranger. But the worrying thoughts that were swarming within him just stressed him out too much for him to pay attention to anything else.

"Yah you've been thinking for like, what, the past hour! Were you even breathing! Geez."

Ignoring what the other just said, Taehyung questioned urgently, "What happens to us when we're healed?"

"Is that even a question, obviously you go back to where you came from."

Where I came from? No. Absolutely no no no.

"Is there a way to stay longer."

Jimin grinned. "Ha that's what I've been doing. I really don't want to get back to training on the grounds in this sunny weather. So I just say I've got pains in random places. You know once I said I have a really bad pain in my di-"

"That's enough! Ah, s,sorry but I need to think."

"You're some weird kid, first you speak so directly then you start stuttering. Haha am I making you fall for me-" He was cut off a second time.

"Enough, Jimin-ah. A growl could be heard from the right. A pair of red eyes glared at the midget in bed, the person hidden behind the shadows.
"Ha, Sorry, I was just kiddin y'know."
"I guess now that I found out you've been faking pains everyday, YOU BETTER GET YOUR ASS OUT ON THAT FIELD NOW!" Jimin was startled at the voice, and chuckled nervously while slipping out of the bed and sprinting away out the doors. Taehyung was rather amused and laughed slightly.

"So you're feeling better."

Wait, he knew that voice all too well. How did he not notice earlier.

"J-Jungkook?"

"Yes it's me angel." He smiled softly and walked down to Taehyung taking a seat on his bed.
"Are you better?" His eyes were full of worry. Taehyung couldn't understand where it was all coming from, and for him!
The truth was Taehyung had felt thousands of times better ever since he had been in Jungkook's presence. It made him feel warm and relaxed, enough to make him forget about the throbbing that resonated throughout his entire body. But if he said yes, Jungkook would get him sent home right?

Just this once, and only this once Taehyung.

"N-not really. I still have pains everywhere."He sighed but was surprised at the other's reaction. He'd never meant to upset him.

"R-really? Ugh I'm so sorry you're going through this, I should've brought you here sooner. Forgive me, Taehyung."

He slipped his hands into Taehyung's and clutched them as softly as possible. Jungkook had a really cute pout on his face that made Taehyung want to melt.
"No please don't apologise. I-I'm sorry for making you uncomfortable."
He immediately bowed his head down, feeling extremely guilty for having lied, but he didn't regret it.
Jungkook seemed irritated. Being an alpha he couldn't contain himself.

"Taehyung-ah, why do you always apologise! It's not like every time I talk I want you to apologise to me and stutter. Just be normal." His face was stern and Taehyung felt lost for words.

But, this is my normal.

The alpha instantly flinched at the voice he heard in his mind, and relaxed pulling the younger into a warm embrace. He pecked Taehyung on the forehead and held onto him longingly.

I'm sorry, I didn't realise what I said. You've been very strong having withstood how they treated you. But please, from now on, I want you to feel at ease here. Get to know your true normal.
Wow this story is getting much more attention than I'd ever imagined! Thank you soooo much 💜💜💜
Btw support TXT! - only if u want tho but I think they deserve our support Army!