11: Home

Almost two weeks had passed. He hadn't seen Jungkook since.

Taehyung was still stuck on bed number 16 in the infirmary. He had sworn to himself that he'd would fake it for as long as he could to stay, but turns out he didn't even need to.

The irony, huh.
It was painful everyday, the nurse constantly rushing over when she heard him whimper slightly. He really adored her kindness and was so grateful to be in his position, if only he could minus the hurt.

"Yah Taehyung-ah, you're slowly recovering!"
"Haha, that great news." The disappointment was clear in his voice.
"Why, aren't you glad the suffering is slowing down. My goodness, you're one lucky guy because I've never had to deal with a patient that had as many wounds as you. Your stab, it could've been fatal. So don't be so ungrateful for the fact that you still live." The nurse smiled sweetly at the one before her.

Taehyung knew he was close to his death. Even though he had been so happy lately, it would all end when he was returned to the Kim Palace, and he'd rather die here than face what waited for him there.

A week later.

Taehyung stiffened at the words his nurse spoke.
He would be sent back now, right.
Tears prickled in his eyes, threatening to pour out, but he held them back.
Not now Taehyung, stay strong.

The nurse was busy tidying the medications while she was speaking to him.
"(Blah blah blah)... so that's why our beloved queen is coming to meet you. She'll be waiting out in the fields for you so you better get dressed and all. You really are a precious beauty, you look much better now... you remind me of my son." She said the latter part faintly and ruffled her hands through Taehyung's soft blonde hair.
He smiled softly at her until it hit him with a whack.
"W-w-what! The queen! Please there must be a mistake. I can't be in her presence!"
"Why not? Hm, your rank is fine. She speaks to many betas often in great happiness, so don't be afraid dear."
I'm not a beta though. What do I do!? J-Jungkook. I have to meet Jungkook somehow.

"Please don't mind me asking, but do you think it's possible for me to meet Jun-, I mean the young prince?"
"Haha I'm sure you don't need to call him that dear. And he's meant to return tonight, I'm sure you're the first person he wants to see anyway."
Taehyung blushed.
"You'll be escorted to your room so you can go and dress. If you need any assistance feel free to ask any of the maids, they're very friendly."
"I-I have a room!"
"Haha why do you seem so surprised. You're our young prince's mate, of course you'll have a room with him." She laughed at the innocence of the younger.
"Ah ok - WAIT WHAT!!!l

***

Taehyung had been very kindly escorted to the room, his room... jungkook's room.
His head was still pounding at every step he took, and he struggled to understand what was going on. It just felt as though he was a cog in some clockwork that wouldn't slow down for him to adjust and understand. One thing was constantly on repeat in his mind.
Jungkook's mate. I'm Jungkook's mate. I'm Jungkook's mate?
An electrical feeling of happiness impulsed through his body. It just all seemed so unreal to him. All he had hoped for his entire life was being thrown at him within the span of just under a month! He had so many questions, so much fear and knew not who to ask.
If I'm your mate Jungkook, why didn't you tell me?

I did dumbo.

"Wha-" Taehyung jumped at the voice in his head. He would never be able to get used to this mind-linking they had going on.

W-where are you?

I'm close by, but busy with training. You better get ready, I'll see you tonight.

Deep pink dusted Taehyung's cheeks but he didn't know why.

After a shower Taehyung was refreshed and felt reborn. He was afraid, very afraid, but never the way he had been every day of his life back where he came from. It was never a place he could call home, but now he hoped for this palace to be his home. Sure he was insecure and bottled up tight with fear, the kindness overflowing from every person he'd met overcame it though. It made him want to start hoping for a future again. His smile was abruptly stopped by the thoughts that fired at him.