23: Fight

Namjoon wiped the sweat off his face panting heavily during the slight window he had to breathe, but not for long. They wouldn't stop attacking, it was like they were robots. Endless slice after slice his alpha was truly being pushed towards its limit.
He looked about.
Seeing his fellow fighters faces twisted in pain and struggle he couldn't take it.
They needed someone stronger.

"It's Prince Jungkook!!!!! He's here!!"
Namjoon turned and felt extreme relief watching his younger brother ride towards them.
The fight had become more stable now as both sides had lost many soldiers, leaving similar numbers of fighters on each side. The only difference was that whilst the army or Euphoria cared for each and every death that occurred, the army of Faarland were merciless to even their own people, killing whoever came in their way no matter which side they were on. It was very strange behaviour, Namjoon was puzzled by what they were fighting.

"Hyung!!!! I thought you were captured! How are you here?"

"Who said that? Never mind I'm obviously fine just help out here." Namjoon replied.

"What? Then Hoseok hyung where did you hear it?"

"U-um, someone came up to me and told me, he said be quick so I just panicked without thinking things through. Forgive me your highness."

"No no it's alright. Please all aid Namjoon hyung I will be back soon." Namjoon nodded and they carried on defending themselves.

Jungkook couldn't help but feel this was all too unsettling.
Who told Hoseok hyung then?
He found himself wondering closer to the palace walls, effortlessly killing all that tried to pounce on him.

That's when he heard rustling of leaves behind him. He quickly spun around to face wherever the sound was coming from, but nothing; or at least it was too dark in the night to see into the tall bushes and trees a short distance away from him. Jungkook carefully took one of the planks of wood that was lit on fire a soldier previously had been using, that is until he was killed. He reached out his arm once again towards where the sound came from, eyes narrowing to try and focus more, but still nothing.
He shrugged it off and carried on walking. The best way to stop all this was to attack from the core. Having the entire army fighting out on the border there was a very high chance the king was unguarded. Of course he could be wrong, but he had to find out at least.

WHACK.

"Aargh!"
He whipped his head round to see a smirk playing on a face all too familiar.

"J-Jisung?"

He dropped to the floor closing his eyes.
This will be my way in.

"This will be much easier than I thought. Go tell father I've got him, we'll take him to one of the cells in the prison."

Ah fuck I hate prisons. Perhaps I should attack all these people now?

But Jungkook hadn't fully realised he'd been struck on the back of his head, and as his blood tricked down the back of his neck he truly felt himself fade out into darkness.

***

Ah shit it hurts more than I thought it would.
Jungkook opened his eyes but squinted as the glare of the light resonated through the entire room too bright for him. That's when he heard all the voices realising he wasn't alone wherever he was, it'd be best to stay quiet for now, so he shut his eyes and listened attentively to everything he could catch on.

"That's quite enough Hyerin. Shut it before you regret having said this much!" The Kim Alpha sternly warned.
But Hyerin was blinded by her emotions.

"You're saying you'd planned this all along, to use our sons, and Taehyung just to gain Jeon Jungkook?!"

Jungkook felt his heart stop for a moment.

"Yes how many times must I repeat myself."

"B-but I thought you loved us all. We sacrificed everything for you, but you always had your own intentions from the start. How sickening!"

The Kim Alpha was about to speak but was cut off.

"What do you need Jungkook for? Tell me. Tell me!!"

"Hyerin stop right now. If you wish to live take Jisung with you and leave. You've served your purpose."

"No! Why are you so caught up in being the strongest! Why can't you just love us, your family, your kingdom!"

"Love my kingdom? You say that when at least 80% or more are disgusting betas?! They are not people I can feel proud of ruling!!!"

"You know i changed myself to adjust to your ways of living, I cut off contact with my family and friends the way you wanted, I never said no to anything you said! I even gave up one of my sons! But this time, this game you've trapped so many people in, I'll be the one to make sure you don't win. Mark my words dear husband." She said the last part rather mockingly.
He lost it.

"Aaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!" Her cries screeched into Jungkook's ears as he lay as still as possible. He could hear Jisung crying out too, and in this moment he could feel none other than sympathy no matter how he despised Jisung. The Kim Alpha was an inhumane man, but he never knew it was to the point he'd kill his own wife.

Jungkook peeked slightly and screamed inside when he saw the bloody figure had fallen so close to him. Still he remained in the same position, unwilling to give anyone a hint that he'd gained his conscious.
Not until he knew what they wanted from him.

Omg Omg Omg I can't believe this has 50k reads thank you sooo so much 💜! I'll keep working harder and try to update as quickly as possible thank you for the patience and I hope you enjoy reading.
Have a good evening/ night/ day! <3 💜💜💜