(redo) 15 ~ Mates (M)

What a beautiful kingdom.

The kingdom of Euphoria.

The moon was at its brightest giving everything exposed to it a slight silvery tinge.

Taehyung stood out on the balcony of Jungkook's room after having a shower. He had intended to cuddle since they were engaged officially now but Jungkook was in the shower, so he just found himself wanting to feel the outside air.

He loved the darkness of the night, how mysterious everything was. The comfortability  of being hidden, a dark silk that covered the secrets. He'd never wanted the sun to rise, not when it blindingly highlighted everything he was, an omega. All he'd been taught was of the inferiority of such beings, how they were literally slaves to the alpha but never equal to the beta either. They had no right to question anything, just made to silently look pretty.

It's like his life truly just did a 180 flip, within just a matter of months he found himself in a position unable to remember what it was like in the hell he had to bear.

Deep down he always had the constant fear of being thrown down to the bottom again, where he knew he belonged. Regardless he did his best to enjoy the moments he was fortunate enough to live through.
The selfless kindness of the Jeon family he was still unable to understand, the way they conversed with one another, the palace servants, soldiers and most of all their people. They truly were made to rule a kingdom.
All the people held great honour and respect for them, and they themselves held respect for their people... a stark contrast to Faarland.

The Kim family abused the power they had, boasting about being the only dynasty that consisted solely of powerful alphas, that is until Taehyung was born.

For an alpha woman to conceive was the hardest challenge of all, but they still went through with it with the help of medical intervention. The purpose was to produce the purest true alpha possible, since an ultimate alpha could only be born from an alpha x omega. The children of an alpha x beta would be sub-alpha, some of which would be strong enough to be classified as a true alpha. The children of a beta x beta would of course be a beta.

How two alpha DNA could combine to produce an omega was a complete mystery... an accident to Taehyung's parents.

Jungkook was an extremely powerful alpha. Taehyung could tell straight away the first time he'd met him, perhaps even stronger than what the Kims claimed to be.

It was so strange how Jungkook's presence made Taehyung sub-consciously become so free, he never felt restrained when talking to him. They were always playful with one another. He knew that the alpha would always rule over the omega ruthlessly, yet Jungkook willingly let Taehyung do as he pleased.

The omega within Taehyung yearned for Jungkook, and at the same time warned him of his inferiority. Mean or nice, an alpha is an alpha, he would always be an omega.

It worried him to the core that there may come a day that he would be reminded of the great superiority the alpha held over him, in a way that ran purely on their instincts, not by their better judgements.

Why is the world so cruel?

Why can't the betas be treated like humans too, the way they are in this kingdom.

And the omega, I bet the reason they almost became extinct is because of the harsh conditions they had to try and survive through. I remember reading that an omega had no right to speak back to an alpha, must always obey the one in charge of them. That used to be my father, but I guess now it's Jungkook.