22: Trigger

There truly are the most caring and wonderful people in the world.
Even when it feels like your entire existence is a mistake, remember dawn is darkest before sunrise. One day things will change, you just have to hold on.
And to all the precious people who don't stand by but take action to make another's life worth living...  we must never take their love and affection for granted.
You did what I always dreamt of Jungkook, you saved Tae from our parents, and I'll never stop feeling this immense gratitude.
I failed... I just stood by and watched.
Not now I won't. They will get what they deserve soon enough, I'll make sure of it.

Jin wondered the corridors of the palace. It was always kept so clean and there was a fresh smell that would make anyone miserable feel better again. He'd just been through his training session of the day and had a shower.
Namjoon and his soldiers had gone patrolling the borders of the kingdom since someone had sent a distress signal. Usually every time this happened it was always either a mistake or was easily dealt with.

But this time was different.

The signal originated from the border between Euphoria and Faarland. That couldn't mean anything good.

They were all patiently waiting for the news back to confirm that all was okay, this was usually the job of Hoseok who always brought back good news and lit up the atmosphere with his positivity.

It had been almost a week now though.

"Yah Jungkook you better get back here!"

"Like hell I would just you try catch me!"

Jungkook was running away from Miyeon who had a slipper in her hand, Taehyung was stood on the side rather amused, and as soon as he saw Jin he waved in the air with his cute boxy smile. Jin waved back and sped up his pace to get to Taehyung faster.

"What's going on here? They've made the palace fields into a children's playground!"

"Haha Yes it does look like they're playing but actually they're fighting. I'm not sure how it started but now look at them it's too funny."  Taehyung chuckled.
He placed a hand on Jin's shoulder. "Hyung, are you alright?"

"Of course, why do you ask?"

"It's just you know, Namjoon hyung." He spoke carefully.

"Aww Taehyungie's worried about me." He literally squeezed the life out of the other. "Don't worry, I'm fine.
If I'm honest I am a bit nervous in this anticipation for Hoseok, but I know Joonie he's strong." He smiled but the pain was clearly visible on his face and it made Taehyung feel terrible this helpless.

As if by coincidence a running figure came towards them... Hoseok was finally here.

But his face was all pale and he wore a frown.

His arm looked wounded and his clothes were all stained in blood. He seemed so weak yet he still ran towards them with all his strength.

"Where's the Jeon Alpha!!"

Everyone froze.
Jungkook stopped in his tracks, and in sudden realisation he raced towards Hoseok supporting him back inside. The others quietly followed, and Taehyung made sure to hold Jin up as he felt the other trembling under his arms.
"It's alright, it's going to be alright, isn't it Tae?"
All he could do was smile and nod back, but everyone knew it was anything but alright.