(redo) 7~ Hidden weakness

"Hey Miyeon, what do you think of the Kim Alpha's third son." The Jeon Alpha questioned.

They were sat in their back garden quietly sipping tea and enjoying the evening breeze.

"Hm? Their third son- oh yes it was Kim Taehyung wasn't it. He's a fine boy if you ask me, very handsome."

"Didn't you notice something off about him. He didn't have that alpha feel to him, he seemed rather submissive."

"I do agree to that, perhaps he's a beta?"

"So you agree he's not an alpha right? No wonder they kept his rank hidden. I should've known this is perfect to tarnish their precious 'alpha' reputation! I shall spread the word to all surrounding kingdoms, making them surrender to us!"
"NO, honey why must you disrupt peace. If he is a beta so what? Don't make the poor boy suffer for all I know they'd probably have him killed." Miyeon placed her arms around her husband to calm him down. She spoke calmly, but there was a terrifying truth in her words.

"Miyeon-ah don't you feel that the way they forced our sons marriages to their sons was a bit too far. I already told you many times we were prepared for the war, and I'm confident we would have won. He was the one to propose a peace making treaty, but why these pathetic conditions?!" The Alpha began clenching his fists in anger.

"Please honey, I understand where you're coming from, but as far as I know Namjoon is happy with Seokjin. It's just Jungkook I'm worried about." She sighed deeply, "I don't think that Kim Jisung is the right match for him at all. I'd rather he married the beta. I suggest we call off all the plans made for Jungkook with Jisung and replace him with Taehyung instead."
The Jeon Alpha's eyes widened at his wife's statement. After a good half an hour of chatting they concluded with a letter handwritten and signed, ready to be sent off to the Kim Palace.

***
The Kim Palace
***
( the following conversation between Hyerin and Kim Alpha took place before she spoke to Taehyung in the previous chapter)

"Sir we have received an urgent letter for you from the Jeon Alpha." The servent bowed and held out the folded paper sealed with the emblem of Euphoria, a continuous line resembling a flower.

The Kim Alpha stared straight through the servant's soul.

"Why at this time?" He snatched away the parchment paper and shooed the servant. Although he would never admit it, he was a bit nervous to find out the content of the letter that was urgent enough to have had to be delivered this evening.
He read it once.
Then twice.
Then a third time in disgust.

"What do you mean they found out Taehyung's an omega!" Hyerin shrieked whilst her husband stood by her in discomfort. Through gritted teeth he managed to say,

"They want to take the omega for their son, not our Jisung. You know I would never let this happen but we have no choice. It clearly says here that they have become suspicious of the fact that Taehyung cannot be an alpha, but they'll stay quiet if we allow what they've requested. This sounds to me like a threat. The cards are in their hand now, a wrong move could cause us devastation. It's better if we just stay quiet on this matter and follow along."

"But Alpha, our son Jisung will be heartbroken we can't do-"

"Shut it! Don't talk back to me! Send Taehyung to me after you tell him the news!" He roared at his cowering wife, eyes glinting with bright red, before turning around and storming back to his place in the palace.

Hyerin was stood there in disbelief. All her life that she'd spent with her husband she'd never seen him comply so easily to something that was against his will... unless he wanted for all this. Unless he wanted Taehyung to marry Jeon Jungkook.
But why?

(Continuing from Taehyung and Hyerin)
"Oh and by the way, Taehyung, the Alpha's waiting for you."

A sudden shudder of terror ran down his spine.

No, please no, my wounds still haven't completely healed.

Noticing that her son hadn't budged, she grabbed him by his frail arms and yanked him to his father.

Don't cry, don't cry, don't cry. You can't be weak Taehyung, he'll only hurt you more.

The long walk felt like he was descending into the agony of hell.

Somebody please, save me

*The Jeon Palace*

Somebody please, save me

Jungkook jerked at the sudden throb in his head.

Taehyung?

Thank you so much for the support! I hope you're liking the story better now I love you guys 💜💜💜