Chapter 2

POV: Maahi

"Hey my Gujratan!" Karthik called out behind me. "Don't be upset."

I groaned. "Don't call me your Gujratan, I'm very upset with you. Why can't you change?!"

I felt his hand mould around my wrist and now I was facing him. "If I change, will you still like me?" I didn't know what to say to that. "If you already like me then I don't need to change." He looked into my eyes as if he was trying to reach my heart, but I quickly looked away as I felt threatened from the outcome.

"Karthik don't flirt with me, I'm very upset with you." I said leaving him alone.

Everything Karthik would say something like that, it hurt, and I seriously didn't know why. Don't get me wrong, I don't have feeling for him and he's like my best friend.

I have dated Karthik in the past but it didn't work out. I was a middle class girl and his mom didn't like me because of my background. I was an orphan, but I call myself middle class because my orphanage was my family.

I was a bright student at that time, and Karthik's dad was in India. After he saw my test scores he was very impressed and gave me a scholarship to Stanley which is in New York.

You can just imagine how far away I am from my family...

While I was busy in my thoughts, I happened to see a new student being ragged by the two meanest guys of our college, Viren and Vikas. They're both brothers who belong to a rich family, and here they were mistreating a guy who looked innocent? But you know what they say, never judge a book by its cover.

Viren threw a fist on the dudes face, just to sum it all up, it was a very devestating fight leaving all three of them with bruises, especially the new guy.

When Viren and Vikas left once saying that they were going to kill him, I walked up to the new guy to help him up.

Karthik just wasn't enough, right? God, that you have to send this guy too.

As he winced in pain I put his arms around my shoulder, he didn't object, and I began taking him to the nurses office. Maybe Karthik and him could become friends, who knows.

When we arrived to the nurses office, I coudnt see the nurse of Karthik. The nurse might be off duty and Karthik must have left. I helped the guy sit on the hospital bed and he still hadn't talked yet.

I got hold of the first aid kit. "Why are you helping me?" His strong voice finally spoke out.

"I like helping stupid people." But he didn't find me funny. "I'm just kidding. I'm Maahi." I introduced myself.

He just stared at me for a while and then said "Abhimanyu." That's when I realised he was devilishly handsome. He was tall, broad, had high cheekbones, and his eyes were honey dew.

I got some antibiotics and applied it to his wound using a cotton bud. His forehead seemed to have a deep cut, I coudnt just apply antibiotic or it could just get infected. I then got some stitches but my hand was quickly held on to making me stop.

"Don't worry." He said. "I'm training to become a doctor. This is a piece of cake for me."

**

POV: Abhimanyu

I wasn't worried about her experience, I was scared of stitches. I didn't want to tell her that. I just fought with two guys.

I'm a street fighter but I don't know what went wrong today. I have never been beatable in my life. Except when I'm in the doctors office, I hate stitches.

I don't know what came to me, but I let go of her hand. For some reason, I trusted her.

She continued and she stitched up my cut. I thought it was going to hurt, but it didn't. It's like she had magic in her hands. It didn't stop me jumping in pain ad I realised how much it hurt.

"Don't worry Abhi, just look into my eyes and you won't feel the pain."

I did as she instructed me to and it easy working as if she was playing a trick on me. She had the most beautiful hazel eyes, the sort you could get... lost in to.

But my focus shifted when I realised she had called me 'Abhi.' Nobody called me Abhi except for my mom who had left me. When I was only two years old. Whenever someone called me Abhi it reminded me of her and my blood pressure went through the roof. I was filled with anger.

"Done." Maahi said happily.

"What?"

"I'm done with stitching your cut." She smiled. "You're welcome Abhi."

"Look." I said trying to remain calm. "Stop calling me-"

"You!" I heard a guy say, his voice filled with rage. "I will kill you." He said matching towards me.

Before I knew it, he smashed me up against the wall, and then it only took me a second to realise who it was.

Not again! My day already started off bad, I didn't want him adding to the list.