Chapter 5

Maahis P.O.V:

"Okay so on the right is your room.....are you still going to help me?" I asked dumbfounded of her talent.

"What do you need help in? I mean I need to know what you need to know so I can help you!!" Tanya said bringing her bags in.

"Everything about Abhi, what kind of person is he?"

"Abhimanyu Kapoor, his mother left him when he was two and he hates being called Abhi because his mother called him that. If people call him Abhi it reminds him of his mother, which he hates. His father is an alcoholic but he never harmed Abhi. Due to Abhimanyus background he became a street fighter, does he like hitting people? No, he doesn't but his tensions stop for 5 minutes. He is actually really caring and is afraid of getting hurt so he doesn't let people come close to him." Tanya stated, I had to say one thing she is very intelligent.

"What am I going to do? I mean I can't stand people blaming innocent people!! Can you tell me how he was involved in Karthiks bhabis case?" I asked.

"No I can't because I don't know anything about the case. If I knew then I would.....that case is very secretive, I mean no one knows about the case...." Tanya answered.

"Think about it Tanya, Karthiks family is very powerful so they could have just bailed Karthiks brother out, but they didn't..."

"You are right but we need the file, but how will find it? The court got burned in 2011..." Tanya said.

"Wait a minute you are telling me that the court got burned!! Of course why wouldn't it? Probably Karthiks family burned it down after the case took place. So know one would know their son killed his own wife..." I stated with disgusted look on my face.

"Whats Karthiks brothers name?" Tanya asked. I was surprised she knew everything else, "Dev and Karthiks bhabis name was Aarti..."

"We could sneak into the courts system?" Tanya suggested, "No we have to go the burned building, I'm pretty sure the files are not burned, they lock them in a fireproof box." I said confidently.

Abhis P.O.V:

Why did Maahi stand up for me? Does she like me? What nonsense!! She has only known me for a few hours!! Why did she go against Karthik? I mean he is her best friend....I am going to go to her house and find out.
It didn't take me long to find her apartment it was only a couple of blocks away from the college. I was about to knock but both Maahi and Tanya came out.

"Hi I wanted to talk to you Maahi..", I said.

"Aww so sweet but I have to go maybe we can talk later Abhi!!" Maahi said in a rush.

"Nice to see you Abhimanyu...", Tanya said from behind Maahi pushing her.

"Where are you guys going??" I asked although it is none of my business.

"Ahhhhhh, nowhere! Bye!!!!!!!" Tanya said speed walking. I was about to say something but they had already left.

Tanyas P.O.V:

"Why was Abhi at your house??" I asked Maahi.

"Shouldn't you know? You are a stalker!!" Maahi teased.

"I am not a creepy stalker I am a cute stalker...." I defended myself. Me and Maahi were in the woods it had been 4 years sense the court burned down, so it was surrounded by all these trees. There wasn't a care taker by the looks of the surroundings. After a few minutes of struggling in the woods we came across the old abounded court, it looked like haunted house.

"Maahi I think yaahan pe lawyer ke ghosts hoin ge....chal chalte hain werna bhoot bore kare ge...(Maahi I think there are lawyer ghosts here....lets go or they will bore us)" I said trying to be funny.

"Tanya stop it yaar!! We have to find the file and get out of here!!" Maahi scolded. We went inside with our flashlights and tried to find the room with all the supreme court case files. We thought sense it was a big case it must have been taken to the supreme court.

When we found the room we went inside and broke the lock with my bobby pin. Maahi was right the boxes were not ruined neither the files inside. We
shuffled through all the files that were labeld with V, I guessed it would be by their last name Verma.

"I found it!! Dev Verma!!"
Maahi whispered. I smiled and heard someones footsteps, me and Maahi both froze.

"Kyun hai wahan pe!?!!? (Who is there!?!!?)" A man said. I whispered to Maahi.

"What do we do??"

"Run!!!" Maahi yelled. We both ran like the wind and the old man tried to stop us, we didn't stop and somehow ended up in the college. We went inside still running, we finally reached to the outside cafeteria. Maahi quickly put the file into her bag, and then I saw Abhi.

"Maahi Abhi is coming....", I warned.

"Ek problem khatam bhi nahi hui aur doosri sheeru hogayi!! (One problem hasn't ended that the other one started!!)" Maahi said.

"You handle him Tanya I am going to get a drink..."

"Get one for me too!!!" I yelled.

Maahis P.O.V:

I knew if I talked to Abhi he would tell me not to interfere, I am not good at lying and then my plan would be a flop because I would listen to him. Out of no where Aarav pulled me to his table where Karthik and Asha were sitting,

"Come on guys patch up!! Uss Abhimanyu ki wazad se apni dosti maat spoil maat karo...(Come on guys don't ruin your friendship because of Abhimanyu)" Aarav said or I think that's what he said I wasn't listening I was more worried about the file I had in my backpack.

"Ya absolutely Aarav go for it you will never find a girl like her!!" I said, at this point I didn't even know what I was saying.

"Look Aarav our so called friend doesn't even know what we are talking about." Kathik said.

"Karthik don't be silly!! You are not an idiot!! You are just different.." I said paying no attention what so ever, my attention was towards Tanya who I think wasn't handling Abhi really well.

"Tanya don't be stupid....don't tell him anything!!" I accidentally said out loud. Karthik, Aarav, and Asha looked towards Tanya who literally was a nervous wreak she looked like she was going to cry. As things weren't bad enough I saw the old man from the courthouse talking to our college watchman.

"Tanya duck!!!" I yelled quietly but enough that she could hear me. Tanay saw the old man and ducked trying to hide behind Abhi, I hid under the table, "What are you doing??" Aarav asked me.

"Shessh!! Shut up!!" I whispered hitting Aarav in his knee. Tanya crawled towards me, "What do we do know??" Tanya asked. "We wait.." I answered because honestly I had no idea.

..........................................................................................................................................

This long chapter is because I won't be updating till Monday! So be patient.....I really hope you are enjoying this book. I know it is a bit serious right now, but I like to add the romance later....wink wink....so you could expect some romantic-comedy in my next update.

Do you think Tanya and Maahi will get caught??? I have a major twist in my mind when we get near the middle, so if you like twists then keep on reading!! Comment and vote and I hope you have a great day!!