Chapter 6

Maahis P.O.V:

"Why are you guys hiding under the table?" Aarav asked.

"We are playing patty-cake, wanna join?" I said sarcastically. I peaked to see if the old man was gone or not, he was so I motioned Tanya to get up. I was going to get up and like a stupid person I am I was going to hit my head against the table, but luckily Abhi put his hand on my head before I had a chance to get up. I smiled stupidly and he helped me get out, "Thanks"

"Maahi!! Thank him later!!" Tanya shouted, I didn't notice but she was already outside the college. Abhi smiled, actually he did THE smile. You know that smile that a guy does to woo a girl, it's really charming Karthik does it all the time with girls. I narrowed my eyes at Abhi and wondered was he trying to flirt with me? Asha got my attention by pulling me towards Tanya, "What are you guys up to?"

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Maahi don't play games I see the file peaking out of your backpack!! You were hiding from that old man, just don't get into trouble..." Asha said.

"Why do you care??" Tanya asked.

"It's not easy talking to you Tanya Sharma, Maahi just let me know if you need any help..." Asha claimed.

"Okay come with me and Tanya..."
I brought Asha into my house Tanya wasn't happy about the idea. I told Asha the whole story, " Okay so you have the file....why not just show it to Karthik?" Asha asked.

"It's not that easy Asha, ek file se kya hota ha? Hume aur proof chahi hai!! (What happens with one file? We need more proof!!)" I said.

"Anyways Asha and Tanya go back to college and try to keep Abhi and Karthik away from my house, and I'll work on this file..." I suggested. Tanya cleared her throat, "I mean me and Tanya's house.." I cleared up. They both left and I laid all the paperwork on to my table.

Tanya's P.O.V:

Me and Asha made it to the college, we saw Abhi and Karthik picking up a a fight.

"Umm what are you guys doing?" I asked.

"Because of him Maahi is acting strange!!!" Karthik said pushing Abhi.

"Karthik!! I have a question" I said trying to avoid a major fight,

"What????" Karthik yelled.

"Ahh...has anyone ever told you how hot you are??" I asked giving my self a mental slap.

"Are you trying to flirt with me? If you are then this isn't a good time because I'm about to kill someone!!" Karthik said eyeing Abhi.

"Guys shut up!!! And look at the news!!" Aarav stated. Our attention went to the big TV which was forecasting a news.

"Why would someone steal a file from an old burned down courthouse??" Was the title of the news and the reporter kept asking the question. She went up to the old man, wait is that the old man!?!?

"Aap hume baata sakthe hain ke apne kya dekha?? (Can you tell us what you saw?)" The reporter asked the old man.

"Mera naam Rajsingh Bhalla, aur doh ladkiyan ek file leke bhaag gayi! (My name is Rajsingh Bhalla, and two girls took a file and ran away!)" Mr.Bhalla answered. Karthiks eyebrows raised as he knew who the two girls were, oh what if he sees my face??? Ever heard the expression, you can read a persons face and tell what they are thinking?

Karthiks P.O.V:

I turned around from facing the TV to face Tanya, who was sweating. I was suspicious but know I knew for sure that Maahi was involved in this mess. I looked and noticed Abhis expressions were changing too, I dropped my drink in anger and started making my way to Maahis house.

"Where are you going?!!!?" Tanya asked trying to stop me.

"That is none of your business!!" I answered.

"I love you Karthik!!" Tanya yelled, that girl can say anything to stop a person.

"If you don't stop I will tell everyone your little secret!!" Tanya threatened.

"I don't have any secrets..", I said walking faster and faster.

"Everyone Karthik Verma is gay!!!" Tanya yelled. I wasn't in the mood for jokes, and before I knew it everyone was following me. Aarav, Asha, Tanya, and even that Abhi.
Soon me and the others reached Maahis apartment, Tanya didn't give up and was still trying to stop me,

"Karthik, Maahi did this all for you happiness please don't do anything on anger...." Tanya said. Ignoring Tanya I stormed into Maahis apartment and saw paperwork all over her desk, I glanced at the work and saw my brothers name on it; Dev Verma.

"Maahi how can you go so low?? And for a person you barely know!! I can't believe you don't trust me!! Mom was right you don't have a standard....", I truly cannot believe I said that to Maahi.

"That is enough Karthik!! Don't talk about my standard!!!" Maahi yelled.

"THEN WHY WOULD YOU DO THIS TO ME!!!!!" I screamed in anger.

"FOR YOU DAMMIT!!! Karthik I did this because of you!! If you found the truth later then you would be hurt...." Maahi claimed. I hugged Maahi tightly and tears fell down my eyes, "I was scared....I believed what my parents told me.....but how can Aarti bhabi die?? I thought Abhimanyu was involved in the matter like my brother..." I stated.

"Karthik, Abhi wasn't involved he just happened to be there at a wrong time...." Maahi said. I wiped my tiny tears and faced Abhi, "I am sorry bro!!" I extended my hand. Abhi shaked my hand but I had to hug him, I felt bad.

"I told you Karthik was gay...." Tanya said, we all laughed and let the matter go.

..........................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

What did you think?? Comment down and let me know and don't forgot to vote!!!! Love you all!!!