Their Future

I haven't forgotten about you guys. Despite the rough start of my summer it actually took a turn for the better and I've been pretty busy and have had little to no time to write. With that being said I'm doing a time jump. It should be pretty apparent I like Taylor quite a bit and The Eras Tour has been the only thing keeping me going now that it is over, or on break, I'm not gonna write/think about it because I miss it. 

It had been 11 months since that night in Santa Clara. 11 months since Hailee had held y/n as she sobbed into her shoulder after confessing she knew what forever felt like. Forever was a thing Hailee had always wished she could give someone and she had finally done it. She had managed to give the girl of her dreams what felt like forever in just two short years. Years that Hailee had considered the best of her entire life.

 It had been 10 months since they sang and danced their way through another six Taylor shows at SoFi Stadium. With each show came new outfits and bags full of friendship bracelets that the couple happily made together in their living room which they still found stray beads in. For those six nights and the hours spent inside that stadium, it felt like the newlyweds had actually been given the chance to visit a real-life barbieland. A place filled with so many women and so much love and joy. It was a feeling the two never wanted to leave or forget.

The world outside the stadium walls wasn't as fun and joyful. Outside of those walls, there was a reality in which there was a writer's strike. In which the Sag Aftra had decided to join in support of the writers. A world in which Hailee was now without work. Hailee was uncertain of what the future would bring to her, but she knew that as long as she had y/n she would get through whatever was thrown at them.

But as Hailee stood in the VIP tent holding her wife as Taylor Played You Are In Love Hailee knew exactly what she wanted her future to look like.

 Hailee had actually been thinking about her future quite often since her wedding. She wanted nothing more than to spend as much time with her wife as possible. However, a slightly younger, and much more single Hailee had her future pretty booked and busy with various Marvel contracts. Between voice acting with the spider verse and taking on the Kate Bishop mantel, she would be busy for the foreseeable future. Making spending any quality time with her now-wife nearly impossible. Or so she thought. While the strike was terrible and absolutely necessary it would end up buying Hailee some of that time she so desperately wanted to spend with y/n. Seeing as every project she was in would have no option but to be pushed back even farther than currently planned. 

Just like that Hailee's calendar for the next year at least had been practically wiped clean. Hailee suddenly had all that time she had only hoped and dreamed that she could spend with her wife at her fingertips. And she wasn't going to let it slip away from her.

So it was then in SoFi stadium as Taylor played the opening notes of You Are In Love that it had hit her.  Her schedule was clear. She could take y/n on all of those camping trips, and take the airstream out on its maiden voyage. As far as Hailee was concerned she could spend her next year on her couch watching shitty Netflix rom coms and she would be the happiest person on the face of the earth. As long as y/n was next to her she would be satisfied. She could return to the screen anytime, Marvel had made that very clear. But she would never have another shot at her first year of marriage. So Hailee did what her heart and soul told her to do.  

Hailee wrapped her arms around her wife as Taylor rapidly approached the bridge of the song. Hailee peppered kisses along the side of y/n's neck before breaking the news.