It's a...

With their pregnancy no longer being a secret, the couple found the days crawling past a little faster. Now they could proudly display their sonograms on the fridge. The anti-nausea meds could be left scattered around the house. Their copy of Pregnancy for dummies could be left wherever they had last read it. 

Hailee still had her moments though where she questioned exactly why she had agreed to carry their little bundle of joy. Those moments never seemed to last very long though, not with a partner like y/n by her side. Whenever Hailee felt ill or had a craving y/n was on the way like Mrs.Doubtfire herself. Help indeed was on the way deary. It always made Hailee giggle seeing and hearing her wife do her best Doubtfire impression. It made the rough nights spent on the bathroom more bearable.  

In the moments y/n didn't know how to help Hailee was now able to ring her mom and mother-in-law. While y/n's mom had only had one baby her pregnancy experience was wildly different than her mom's pregnancies. With those two women alone Hailee had three very different pregnancies to compare her's too. Hailee was thankful to have them to lean on and ask questions you couldn't ask just any pregnant person. It was actually y/n's mom who had told Hailee to carry a gas station shot on her to sniff when she got nauseous since the anti nausea meds where hit adn miss. While it was odd to be pregnant and carrying a variety of tiny liquor bottles the smell of them did the trick. Other than the pregnancy tips and tricks from seasoned veterans Hailee was just happy to share bumpdates with everyone. Updates on baby's size, sharing any and all new ultrasound pictures of the baby, and most importantly the gender of their little one.

With the way the first 3 months of Hailee's pregnancy had dragged on for what seemed like ages, Hailee hadn't expected the month-long wait to find out the baby's sex to fly by nearly as fast as it had. But then again the previous three months she and her wife had been acting like super spies to keep their new addition under wraps. Funny how not living with a secret makes time fly by. Before Hailee knew it she was lying in bed waking up next to her wife with an appointment at the end of the week. An appointment that would tell them what exactly they where expecting.

Hailee was so excited to find out the sex of their baby. She really was, but while most moms-to-be probably dreamt about futures with their little boy or little girl right about now Hailee could only think about the past. This morning when she looked at her wife who was covered in scattered tattoos and had the sexiest wolf cut she instead saw a younger version of her wife. A version from 4 years ago, one that had one little tattoo on her arm and significantly less hair on her head. She saw the version of y/n that had asked Hailee to officially be hers. They really were just kids back then y/n had only just turned 23 and Hailee had just turned 26. If there was only one good choice Hailee had made in her twenties choosing y/n was just that. Y/n had only ever treated Hailee like a princess and she knew that their little one whether it be a boy or a girl would be the luckiest kid on earth having y/n as their mom.

Hailee hadn't noticed that sometime in her little flashback her wife had woken up and had started to stare back at her. She had only noticed when she was pulled out of the moment when y/n's thumb brushed the top of Hailee's cheek to wipe Hailee's tears that had collected there.

Is everything okay sweetie?

More than okay.

Are you sure?

Yes, I really... I'm sure.

I was just thinking about how we got here.