Chapter 6

I went to the girl's bathroom to hide away from Stephen. I don't want to talk to him for now. I'm still surprised that I have changed a lot or maybe Stephen is right. I have just been deceiving myself. I heard some girls coming in. I quickly hid in one of the bathrooms.

"Oh my gosh! I can believe Andrew finally asked me out. It's going to be great." Layla said to her friend. Andrew was also a friend of Stephen.
This girl knows nothing about him. He's just going to break her heart in the head.. Who knows? Does Stephen even like me or he's just like others I know? I got jealous when I heard the girl's friend, Maddie talking.

"I wish Stephen and I were dating. I just wish. He's so handsome. His looks just mesmerize me."

"You wish. Didn't you hear that he just broke up with Patricia?"

"Yeah, so?

I was tired of listening. They were so boring. I came out in anger.

"Gossips," I said out loud to them and left.

"Gosh! Did she just call us that?!" Layla said angrily.

Finally, the school had close. I went to meet Bella and Helen at the library so we could go home. I was just hoping that I won't see Stephen.

"Aren't we going home?" I asked them. They turned back and saw me.

"Yeah, we were just about to leave," Bella said.

"There are really lots of romantic novels here. You need to get yourself one." Helen said as she opened a book.

"You will never stop reading books that are full of romance. Who knows? You might turn out worse than us. I will try reading one when I have the time." I said.

"You have the time Sharon. I might come to spend the night at your house. Bella, you can come too." Helen tells her.

"I don't think I would be able to come but I'll try, "Bella said.

"Okay let's go before something else happens," I say.

"How about Stephen?" Bella asks.

"What about him?" I squeezed my face.

"You haven't explained to me what actually happened."

"What happened? Did something happen between you and Stephen again?" Helen asks.

"They had a thing again." Bella gesticulated.

"It was nothing. It was a mistake." I tried to convince her.

"Yes, it was. Making more mistakes. Hope you have not forgotten that Patricia is like a friend to you?" Bella said.

"I know."

"Then wake up! Don't put yourself in a big mess. You should know that she's a devil. So stop it. Stop whatever you are doing with him before you become her worst enemy." Bella warns.

"She's surely a devil. I can't forget the way she dealt with Mara when she found out that Stephen was dating her secretly. No one dates my boyfriend. He's mine alone." Helen mimics.

"I know she's crazy. I'm trying to avoid him but he keeps on bothering me."

"Don't worry you will figure it out. Let's go home." Bella said.

When we got downstairs, I remembered that I left my biology textbook in the hall where Stephen came to meet me.

"Please wait for me. I forgot my textbook in the hall." I hurry back inside the school.

"Okay don't take long," Bella said.